Christmas and New Year information
On this page
- Recycling and rubbish
- Adult social sare and children’s services
- H&F Community Aid Network (CAN)
- Offices and customer service centre (145 King Street)
- Register office
- Duty planner
- Noise and nuisance
- Electoral services
- Housing repairs
- Emergency out of hours information
- Highways gritting
If you have lots of wrapping paper to recycle, you’ll need to know what day to put it out. And perhaps you want to do your bit for the environment and recycle your Christmas tree this year?
- Christmas collection dates, seasonal recycling tips and how to recycle your Christmas tree
- Commercial waste and recycling collections over Christmas
- Reuse and recycling centre Christmas opening hours
- Christmas and New Year parking arrangements
- Parking suspension deadline dates over the holiday period.
Our parking service telephone helpline will close from 4pm on Friday 24 December and will reopen at 9am on Tuesday 4 January.
Both services will be closed over the bank holidays. Otherwise normal opening hours will apply.
If you have an immediate concern for the wellbeing of an adult, child or young person, call the police on 999.
Our offices are currently closed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Our customer service centre at 145 King Street is currently closed to visitors. Please use another method to contact the service you need. Contact details for all services can be found on the contact us page.
145 King Street is currently functioning as a Covid testing centre. The testing centre will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Sunday 2 January.
Our register office at Beavor Lane is closed on Saturday 25 December.
On Sunday 26 December, Saturday 1 January and Sunday 2 January the register office will be closed except for an emergency telephone burial service.
On Monday 27 December, Tuesday 28 December and Monday 3 January we will be offering a telephone death registration service – this will be for pre-booked appointments only.
For all death and still-birth enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Owing to rising numbers of coronavirus cases Hammersmith, Fulham, Avonmore and Askew Road libraries are currently closed and will remain closed until Tuesday 4 January.
Shepherds Bush Library’s opening schedule over the festive season is as follows:
- Friday 24 December - open 10am to 1pm
- Saturday 25 to Tuesday 28 December - closed
- Wednesday 29 December - open 10am to 7pm
- Thursday 30 December - open 10am to 7pm
- Friday 31 December - open 10am to 5pm
- Saturday 1 to Monday 3 January - closed
Please check your library’s information page for more detailed information.
The duty planner service will be closed from Friday 24 December and will reopen on Tuesday 4 January.
Our noise and nuisance service does not operate on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Electoral services is closed from 5pm on Friday 24 December and will reopen at 9am on Tuesday 4 January.
If you need to report a repair our housing repair customer service centre will be open every working day to take your call.
Emergency cover will be provided over the holiday period.
Council tenants and leaseholders should call 0800 023 4499. Tenants in temporary accommodation should call 020 8748 8588.
In the event of frost or snow the gritting service will continue over the whole holiday period.