Our new fees from 1 August 2023
We are here to help you comply with building regulations.
We offer a pre-application service for building regulations approval and we'd be pleased to help you with any enquiries regarding building work that you intend to undertake.
Contact our duty officer on 020 8753 3387 (9.30am to 12.30pm, Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our role is to ensure that, when we receive a building control application where the council is appointed as the building control body, the building subject to that application is designed and constructed for the health, safety and welfare of people using it, and that it is accessible and energy-efficient.
We also provide a public protection service to residents where buildings become dangerous.
- Quality - Our qualified and experienced building control surveyors offer quality-assured, professional and impartial advice to residents and developers about adhering to building regulations.
- A ‘one-stop shop’ - We have well-established links with the council’s planning, licensing and highways services, as well as a close working relationship with the London Fire Brigade, so we can provide you with everything you need for your application.
- Direct contact - All our surveyors can be contacted directly by telephone, email and mobile.
- Proper certification - We will issue a completion certificate to you on satisfactory completion of the project which you will need when you come to sell your property.
LABC guide to renovating and extending your home
Visit the LABC Front Door website for practical advice on home improvements.
Get specific guidance on:
Contact building control
To find out more about any issues raised and to find out how to go about obtaining consent for a home improvement project that you’re considering, you are welcome to contact us.
Please note that we are no longer based in Hammersmith Town Hall extension.
If you would like to visit us in person please contact us to make an appointment.
- 020 8753 3387 (9.30am to 12.30pm, Monday to Friday)
You can still write to us at our postal address - this is not where our offices are located:
Building Control Services
Hammersmith Town Hall
London W6 9JU