Contact the register office
The register office phone lines are extremely busy at the moment. Please direct all enquiries to our dedicated email addresses, along with a contact name and number so we can call you back.
For enquiries relating to a death or still-birth registration, including enquires from NHS trusts, the Coroner’s office and from the public please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries please email email@example.com
Book an appointment for birth or death registration
Our appointment system runs Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm. The easiest way to book an appointment is online.
Book an appointment for giving notice of marriage or civil partnership
In order to book a notice appointment please email your request along with your ceremony booking confirmation email and or supporting evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- our 020 8753 2140 phone line is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
- on the last Thursday of each month the phonlines will open at 11am because of staff training
- our out-of-hours emergencies number is 020 8748 8588 (open weekends, 9am to 12 noon).
H&F register office address:
- Clockwork Building, 45 Beavor Lane, Hammersmith, London W6 9AR
- Map showing the Clockwork Building
- a Text Relay Service for hearing impaired customers is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
- please dial 18001 followed by the council switchboard number, 020 8748 3020
- the register office is wheelchair accessible through our ground floor entrance on Beavor Lane.