Report a housing repair

How to report something that needs fixing and how long it will take us to fix it.

H&F Maintenance is responsible for repairs to council and leasehold properties including garages. We carry out the most urgent repairs first. If something needs repairing and is a risk to health or safety, it’s treated as an emergency.

We have no authority over housing associations. Housing association tenants please contact your landlord. Private tenants please contact your landlord or letting agent.

Before reporting a repair to H&F Maintenance, please check our tenants’ responsibilities for repairs page.

Council leaseholders and tenants can report a repair, including repairs in communal areas, in three ways:

For emergency repairs, please call 0800 023 4499.

For non-emergency repairs, please use the online form linked below.

Request a repair online

Or call us on 0800 023 4499 (free from landlines and mobiles).

Temporary accommodation

If you’re a tenant in temporary accommodation, contact the duty line on 020 8753 4008 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. If you need to report an emergency repair outside these hours or on bank holidays, call 020 8748 8588

What to expect when you report a repair

Someone will speak to you to offer you an appointment and we'll confirm this time and date before the appointment.

The person you speak with may need more information to help us understand the type of repair needed, so please describe the problem in as much detail as possible. You can use the repairs and maintenance handbook to help you.

If we need access to your home, we’ll try to give you at least 24 hours' notice and arrange a convenient time to visit.


Smell gas? Report it to the national gas emergency service immediately. Call freephone 0800 111 999.


Are you reporting a problem with mould? Take a look at our mould information page with helpful tips on how to prevent and reduce mould in your home.

Translate this website