About Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Hammersmith & Fulham is one of London's leading councils. We aim to be the best.
The council is currently controlled by a Labour Party administration.
The Leader of the Council is Councillor Stephen Cowan.
- Saving our hospitals and defending local NHS services
- Keeping council tax low (it's the third lowest in the country) and managing public money efficiently
- Creating more genuinely affordable homes for local people
- Backing business and supporting a strong local economy
- Greening the borough, making it better for cyclists and being fairer to drivers
- Putting social inclusion at the heart of everything we do
- Giving children the best head start in life and creating more opportunities for young people
- Putting more police on the streets, tackling crime and antisocial behaviour
- Renewing local democracy and giving residents new powers.
How are we doing? Read more in our annual progress update.
Your democratic representatives
Our borough is divided into 16 wards. Each of these wards is represented by either two or three councillors, bringing the total number of councillors for the borough to 46. Councillors are elected every four years. The composition of the council is currently: Labour 26, Conservative 20.
The Worshipful the Mayor of the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham is Councillor Mercy Umeh.
Our services and plans
The work of the council is directed by our community strategy, our corporate plan and service-specific strategies which you can find here:
About our borough
Census information - Summaries and detailed statistics on the population of Hammersmith & Fulham, from the 2011 census. The latest estimated population, as at July 2012, is 179,850.
Ward profiles - detailed deomographic information about each of our 16 wards
The borough profile - provides a dynamic picture of life in H&F and covers the borough’s demographic, social, economic and environmental characteristics in an easy to use graphic-driven format.
H&F Council's statement of accounts - includes annual audit and inspection letters.