Supporting community groups
In the past year, Hammersmith & Fulham Council has given £3.5 million to support the work of the charities and community groups which make such a difference to residents’ lives.
Organisations funded by the Third Sector Investment Fund are helping to:
- build a stronger local economy with more jobs for local people
- empower and enable local communities
- provide the best start for young people
- improve health and adult social care
- improve everything we do – delivering social inclusion
- make the borough safer and cleaner.
Please see our summary of who accessed services and the outcomes achieved for residents over 12 months. You can also find out about each of the organisations we funded to run these services below.
Third Sector Investment Fund (3SIF)
- In the past year the council has funded more than 40 groups to run more than 50 services.
- The groups used 1,684 volunteers to deliver services; including staff from local businesses who gave their time to community projects.
- It represents more than 73,000 hours – the equivalent, at current London Living Wage rates, of £719,000.
- In addition, groups have raised an extra £2.4million in funding to support their work.
- A total of 79,000 residents have benefited.
Community groups we currently fund
All information shown on the following links is correct as known at the point of publication. Please let us know if you spot anything inaccurate.
- Age UK
- Action on Disability – Welfare Benefits Project for Adults
- Action on Disability – Welfare Benefits Service for Children
- Alzheimer's Society
- Barons Court Project
- Bishop Creighton House – Community Centre
- Bishop Creighton House – Homeline
- Bishop Creighton House – Keep Active
- Bishop Creighton House – Safer Homes Service
- Brunswick Club Trust
- Community Accountancy Self Help
- Doorstep Library Network
- Fulham Good Neighbours
- H&F Citizens Advice Bureau – Advice @ Food Bank
- H&F Citizens Advice Bureau – Advice+
- H&F Citizens Advice Bureau – Avonmore Library
- H&F Citizens Advice Bureau – ROOF+
- H&F Food Bank
- H&F Law Centre
- H&F Mencap – Parentsactive
- H&F Mencap – My life out and about
- H&F Mencap – Safety Net People First
- H&F Urban Studies Centre
- H&F Volunteer Centre
- Hammersmith Community Gardens Association
- London Sports Trust
- Lyric Hammersmith
- Open Age
- Outside Chance
- Ray's Playhouse Ltd
- Resurgo Trust
- Shepherds Bush Families Project
- Staying First
- Sulgrave Club
- Urban Partnership Group – Community Centre
- Urban Partnership Group – Masbro Elders
- Urban Partnership Group – Parents at Masbro
- West London Action For Children
- Westway Community Transport
- White City Enterprise
- William Morris Society
Fast Track Small Grant (FTSG)
This is a funding programme for local 3rd sector organisations in need of small grants to start or deliver specific services or activities. We use it to support the widest possible range of local organisations, and we prioritise funding to those groups we don't currently fund.
More information on Fast Track Small Grants.
Coach trip scheme
We are committed to supporting local groups that provide valuable community services and the coach trip scheme offers a one-off contribution of up to £300 towards the cost of a coach or minibus for local groups to have an outing.
More information on the coach trip scheme.
Previous years' funding
Please see the attached documents for information on grants awarded by Community Investment in previous financial years:
- All grant funding 2017-18 (pdf 277KB)
- All grant funding 2016-17 (pdf 332KB)
- All grant funding 2015-16 (pdf 195KB)
- All grant funding 2014-15 (pdf 193KB)
- All grant funding 2013-14 (pdf 192KB)
- All grant funding 2012-13 (pdf 219KB)
- All grant funding 2011-12 (pdf 201KB)
- All grant funding 2010-11 (pdf 252KB)
- All grant funding 2009-10 (pdf 237KB)