London Sport Trust
London Sports Trust delivers weekly sport sessions for children aged 8 to 16, and up to age 25 for special educational needs or learning disability in 5 locations across Hammersmith and Fulham including holiday camps.
31 March 2021
Annual funding level
In the past year
281 individual children & young people involved in sports and exercise sessions
Number of residents supported
Use of volunteers
The service’s 26 volunteers delivered 479 hours of work. This is the equivalent to £5,197 if the London Living Wage is applied to the volunteering hours.
Outcomes being achieved
- 281 individual children and young people involved in sports and exercise sessions
- 78 children and young people with learning disabilities or SEN participating in sports sessions
- 145 individuals participating in sports festivals
- 8 sports festivals held (Free holiday camps at 3 sites across LBHF)
- 8 LBHF residents with Learning Disabilities or SEN volunteering
- 29 LBHF residents trained in officiating and organising events
London Sports Trust future plans for The City Sports Academy is to
- Work with young people to tackle the stigma around mental health within our sports session.
- Give more opportunities to Hammersmith and Fulham residence by putting on more workshops from sport, lifeskills as well as online training.
- Inviting the young people down to the riverbanks and teaching more about the environment and plastic pollution.
- At all holiday camps provide free food to stop holiday hunger
- Trip around Hammersmith and Fulham and across London