The Brunswick Club for Young People
- The Brunswick Club for Young People are funded to deliver Brunswick Juniors, consisting of The Brunswick Junior Club and The Brunswick Junior Holiday Activity Schemes.
- The Brunswick Junior Club is an open access youth club providing children in school years 2 to 6 with a varied, challenging and enjoyable programme of physical, creative, social and educational activities in a comfortable, safe and friendly environment.
- The Brunswick Junior Holiday Activity Schemes provide children in school years 2 to 6 with a range of exciting and challenging play and learning opportunities during their school and half term holidays.
31 March 2021
Annual funding level:
In the past year
Number of residents supported:
432 children and young people
Use of volunteers:
The service’s 16 volunteers delivered 1,042 hours of work supporting the 432 children and young people. This is the equivalent to £11,305, if the London Living Wage is applied to the volunteering hours.
Outcomes being achieved:
In 2020, The Brunswick Club for Young People delivered:
- 36 Junior Youth Club sessions, attended by 337 children;
- 6 weeks of holiday activity schemes, attended by 190 children;
- 14 healthy cooking sessions, attended by 193 children; and
- 1 long weekend residential at Hindleap Warren Outdoor Activity Centre in East Sussex, attended by 82 children and young people.
- 66% of children taking part reported an increase in their self-confidence;
- 74% reported that the quality of their relationships with other children improved;
- 75% of children reported that they had been motivated to try new things; and
- 98% of their parents and carers reported that they were very happy with The Brunswick Club’s Junior Summer Holiday Activity Scheme.
During lockdown 1, The Brunswick Club for Young People made its football pitch available for families to exercise on for free, bookable in 1.5 hour slots, 9 hours a day during the week and 12 hours a day at weekends. Over nine weeks, the pitch was booked 363 times and used by over 400 children, young people and their families.
The total funding raised by The Brunswick Club for Young People in the past year is approximately £127,000 (£52,000 in revenue funding and £75,000 in capital funding).
In 2021, assuming Covid-19 tier-level restrictions continue to apply after the lockdown has ended, The Brunswick Club for Young People plan to deliver:
- a minimum of 60 Junior Youth Club sessions (2 nights a week, 30 weeks of the year) attended by a total of 250 children in school years 2 to 6, at an average of 45 children per session;
- a minimum of 50 healthy cooking sessions (as part of our Junior Youth Club provision) attended by 150 children in school years 2 to 6, at an average of 15 children per session;
- a minimum of six weeks of Junior Holiday Activity Schemes during the May and October half terms, and the Summer and Christmas holidays, attended by a total of 125 children in school years 2 to 6, at an average of 30 children per day and
- a long weekend residential at Hindleap Warren Outdoor Activity Centre in East Sussex, for 75+ children and young people in school years 2 to 10, at the end of January 2022.