Residents of Hammersmith & Fulham can apply for a visitor permit to allow their visitors to park in their home zone or travel through a restricted street. This is separate from a resident's parking permit.
Our visitor permits are part of the RingGo cashless parking system. You may already be using RingGo to park elsewhere in London and across the country.
Only you can book a session for your visitor, but it is your visitors responsibility to park according to the parking restrictions or obey the signs in restricted streets.
When do I need a visitor permit?
You will need to book a session for your visitor online when they arrive, so they can do any of the following;
- Park on street in a parking bay outside your property during the parking control hours for your zone.
- Get a temporary permit to gain access through a restricted street in a traffic congestion and pollution reduction area
Traffic congestion and pollution reduction area (TCPR) access
Restricted streets in TCPR areas operate all day and you will need to book a free parking session for your visitor even if;
- they will be parking outside of the hours of parking control
- they are on a motorcycle
- they will be parking off street on private land
- they just stop to drop off or pick up a member of your household or goods and services.
How does the TCPR temporary permit work?
- Visitors get free access to the area until midnight. If they stay longer, you will need to book them in again.
- You can enter a visitor’s registration number up to midnight on the day, even after they’ve left, to avoid a penalty.
Can I use a visitor permit for trades people, delivery drivers or minicabs?
Yes, anyone visiting your home can be registered for a permit session. The only restriction is that you can have one visitor session active at any one time.
If they need to park in a bay for 5mins or more, they will need a parking session for the length of stay and you will have to pay the relevant fee.
Apply for a visitor permit
Before you can use our RingGo visitor parking system, you have to apply for a permit.
You must be a resident in Hammersmith & Fulham. One permit is allowed per household.
The permit itself is free. You pay for the visitor parking sessions when you need them.
Or, you can register and apply by post or email
There is no registration fee.
The charge for visitor parking is £1.80 per hour in all zones. This is less than the standard pay-and-display charge.
There are no additional charges, except if you opt to receive text alerts. You can choose not to accept the text alerts, check your RingGo account settings and switch off text alerts.
Visitor disabled discount - There is a discounted rate for Disabled users of 90p per hour in all zones for the first 240 hours of parking each year. To be eligible for a disabled discount, you must have a Blue Badge or proof that you are registered Disabled with the council.
Book parking sessions
Once your permit application has been approved, you can book and pay for visitor parking sessions in several ways:
- using the RingGo mobile app (see below)
- over the phone on 020 3046 0170.
The minimum session is 15 minutes and can be extended by 15 minutes at a time. Read more about how visitor permits work
Using the RingGo mobile app
You can download and use the RingGo app to book and pay for visitor parking sessions once your permit application is approved.
You may already use the app to park in other areas.
Download the RingGo app - click on the app store you normally use at the bottom of the RingGo page.
The car free address visitor permit is issued to addresses that are blocked from applying from a residents permit. Residents who live at addresses that are not eligible for resident permits can apply for a car free address visitor permit to activate a free session to allow their visitors to drive through the camera controlled access points on streets that are in the South Fulham TCPR scheme area. If the visitor wishes to park on street, they can then either use pay and display on street or their own RingGo account to purchase parking time on street.
Motorcycles can park free of charge in a pay and display or shared-use bay in most of the borough so they do not need a visitor session to be booked. However, streets in Caxton Village are now subject to parking restrictions. These streets include:
- Aldine Street
- Bulwer Street
- Caxton Road
- Hopgood Street
- Macfarlane Road
- Sterne Street
- Shepherds Bush Place
- Tadmor Street
Motorcycle access to restricted streets
Motorcycles do need a valid residents visitor parking session to be booked if they need to gain access through a restricted street in a TCPR zone (traffic, congestion and pollution reduction zone)
This session is free. Restricted streets include:
- Harwood Terrace – westbound only outside the Rose pub
- Bagley’s Lane between Cresford Road and Harwood Terrace (access permitted for deliveries to properties on restricted street)
- Broughton Road between Langford Road and Broughton Road Approach (access permitted for deliveries to properties on restricted street)
- Hazelbury Road at the junction with Cranbury Road
- Imperial Road between Fulmead Street and Emden Street
Find out more about restrictions in traffic, congestion and pollution reduction zones
For further information and answers to some frequently asked questions please see: Visitor permit - how it works
For enquiries on registering for a visitor permit, please call us on 020 7371 5678.
- We’re open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
- Or email anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org
All other enquiries, including password resets
- Phone 0203 046 0047 (standard rates) between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Further information can be found in RingGo's frequently asked questions
Post: Please print out and complete the application form and return it to us with the required proofs to: H&F Direct, Pay and Park (AT), PO Box 60820, London W6 9UZ.
Email: Scan the form and your proofs and email to email@example.com.
Information about type of proofs required can be found on the form. It may take up to a week to approve you permit if you apply using the pdf application form. We will let you know as soon as your permit has been approved. If you havn’t already got a RingGo account, one will be automatically activated for you during the permit approval process. You will need to call the RingGo booking line and add your card payment details to be able to book visitor parking sessions using your permit.
Protecting your data
Our new visitor permit system complies with the new and improved General Data Protection Regulations to keep your personal data safe and secure.
Please click on links for additional information on GDPR: