Emergency out of hours information

Contact details for various emergency situations.

For the police, fire service or medical emergencies, call 999.

For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111.


If you think there is a blockage or if your property has been flooded by a public sewer contact Thames Water on 0800 316 9800.


If your home has a total loss of electric power and your neighbours still seem to have power, you should contact your electricity supplier.

For power cut information in your area visit UK power networks which allows you to search and track power cut information and report power cuts.

Anyone experiencing a power cut can visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/powercut and type in their postcode to view the live power cut map, with details of individual power cuts

If you have been affected by a power cut in your area or to report a potential hazard on or near overhead electricity lines, please call 105 for free. Visit Power Cut 105 website for further information.

Need to find a trusted electrician? Visit the trading standards approved website Buy With Confidence to find good, honest and local businesses.

River flooding

Get flooding information on the Environment Agency incident hotline on 0800 807 060 or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188. Or visit the Environment Agency website.

Planning, managing and recovering from a flood (gov.uk) contains advice on planning for flooding before it happens, what to do during a flood and recovering and cleaning up after a flood.


We do not supply sandbags to residents to protect their properties.

If you believe you are at risk of internal flooding, we recommend buying sandbags or other equipment from builders merchants, hardware or DIY stores.

More information about flooding


Contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999 if you smell gas or are worried that you have a gas or carbon monoxide leak.

Do not create a flame or operate any electrical switches or appliances such as lights, televisions. Put out flames and open doors and windows. Keep people away from the area and turn the gas off at the control valve.

For further information, please see guidance on contacting the gas emergency line.

If your home has a total loss of gas supply please contact your supplier.

Advice for tenants and leaseholders

Priority Services Register

The utilities (Electric, Gas, and Water) companies in Hammersmith & Fulham all provide a free Priority Services Register (PSR) to local residents. 

If you are on the Priority Services Register you can get extra support during a disruption to the service.

Find out more about the PSR

Roads and traffic

The latest traffic updates are available from the Traffic England website.

Report trees blocking major roads such as A40 to the Highways England or call 0300 123 5000

Transport for London are responsible for traffic lights and bus shelters.

Roadworks information on TfL 

More information on roadworks 

Domestic violence

Women’s Aid National domestic violence website and helpline 0808 2000 247

More information on domestic violence


Samaritans - provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. Please phone 116 123

Emergency repairs for tenants

Please see Report a housing repair for information about who to call if you need an emergency repair.

The H&F emergency out of hours contact number is 020 8748 8588

This number is available from 5pm to 9am, Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and bank holidays.

An emergency is something that needs to be attended to quickly because it is a danger to health or safety. Out of hours, we will only be able to attend to emergencies that fall under this criteria.

Adult or child safety

If you are concerned about the safety of an adult, young person or child because of suspected abuse or neglect please phone 020 8748 8588.

If you feel that they are at immediate risk, please contact the emergency services on 999


If you are disturbed by noise nuisance at night, weekends or bank holidays and if you are not able to resolve the problem informally by talking to the people responsible, you can report the noise on 020 8748 8588.

More information about reporting noise nuisance.


Information on emergency homelessness

Highways and environment

Please phone 020 8748 8588 in emergencies on our roads or pavements which could cause harm to persons or property including;

  • fallen or dangerous tree or branch, or if you have any concerns about the condition or safety of a tree that is causing a problem in a public place
  • manhole or drain cover that is missing, damaged or disloged enough to be dangerous to traffic or pedestrians
  • dangerous spillage such as oil, fuel or blood
  • lorry losing its load
  • street lights, pedestrian crossing lights or illuminated road sign damaged by a vehicle or that is broken, hanging over the road or has wires hanging out
  • dangerous fly-tipping for example if it is blocking a road
  • dangerous building or structure as a result of poor maintenance, fire or storm damage, vehicle impact or explosion
  • damaged rails or bollards in a dangerous condition
  • water flooding into a property or on a council road
  • damage or problems with a council building or office

Press, media and communications

Journalists, in an emergency please call 020 8748 8588

Emergency burial certificate

Emergency burial certificate issuing service for deaths which occurred in Hammersmith & Fulham is available on Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 12 noon on 020 8748 8588.

More information on H&F registrars

Translate this website