The utilities (Electric, Gas, and Water) companies in Hammersmith & Fulham all provide a free Priority Services Register (PSR) to local residents.
People on the Priority Services Register get extra support during a disruption to the service, including:
- A priority number that they can call 24 hours a day;
- Proactive text and voice message alerts, letting residents know when there is a disruption in their area;
- In certain scenarios they may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel, or complementary hot meals whilst they fix the problem.
There is absolutely no cost for being on the Priority Services Register, nor is there ever any charges for any of the free support residents will receive during a disruption.
They will never sell anything to people on the register, and the services incur all costs for any additional support given during a power cut.
Residents can register if they, or a member of their household:
- Has a medical condition, mental or physical impairment or requires reasonable adjustments
- Is of pensionable age
- Has children under the age of 5 years
- Is struggling with mental health
- Is undergoing difficult circumstances such as bereavement, job loss, etc.
- Needs communications to be in a different language or format
They also recognise that people may also need support because of life-changing events such as bereavement, relationship breakdown, job loss, recovery from hospital treatment or living independently for the first time. If anyone is experiencing any of these circumstances, they can register to receive extra help on a temporary basis for as long as they need it.
Each water, gas and electricity network operator maintain their own register.