Pay and organisation
Pay policy 2020-21
Pay policy 2019-20
- Pay policy report 2019-20 (pdf 166KB)
- Appendix 1 – Local Government Pension Scheme Discretionary Decisions Policy Statement (pdf 133KB)
Pay policy 2018-19
- Pay policy report 2018-19 (pdf 310KB)
- Appendix 1 – NJC Salary Scales and SMG Pay Ranges (pdf 82KB)
- Appendix 2 – Senior Manager Performance Scheme SMG 3 (pdf 218KB)
- Appendix 3 – Senior Manager Performance Scheme SMG 1&2 (pdf 221KB)
- Appendix 4 – Statement of Local Employer Pension Policy (pdf 107KB)
Pay policy 2017-18
- Pay policy report 2017-18 (pdf 156KB)
- Appendix 1 – NJC Salary Scales and SMG Pay Ranges (pdf 83KB)
- Appendix 2 – Senior Manager Performance Scheme SMG 3 (pdf 223KB)
- Appendix 3 – Senior Manager Performance Scheme SMG 1&2 (pdf 114KB)
- Appendix 4 – Statement of Local Employer Pension Policy (pdf 110KB)
Senior officer salaries
We publish this in accordance with the government’s local transparency guidance. Last update: 17 Feb 2021.
Staff allowances and expenses
Women’s mean hourly rate is 5.2 per cent lower than men’s – down from 6.1 per cent last year.
Women’s median hourly rate is 3.7 per cent lower than men’s – down from 3.8 per cent last year.
- 2019-20 Gender Pay Gap (pdf 197KB)
- 2018-19 Gender Pay Gap (pdf 84.2KB)
- 2017-18 Gender Pay Gap (pdf 159KB)
The reported gender pay gap is calculated using a method set by The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) Regulations 2017. View Gender Pay Gap Information – GOV.UK.
See our published gender pay results and those of other organisations.
Trade union facility time
The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 came into force on 1st April 2017. These regulations place a legislative requirement on relevant public sector employers, including London borough council’s, to collate and publish data on paid facility time for employees who are relevant trade union officials.
In line with the publication guidelines set out by the government, we will publish this data annually. View the most recent reporting period data:-
Trade unions represented in the council are UNISON, GMB and UNITE.
For details of the councillors’ allowances scheme and information about allowances paid to councillors, please visit the councillors, committees and decisions page.