You may wish to purchase an additional warranty for your project and might like to contact our external partners.
Since 2007, LABC Warranty has been the exclusive warranty partner of all council Building Control teams in England and Wales, including Hammersmith & Fulham. We provide a range of structural warranty insurance products to suit your development. Our national network of surveyors are experienced in dealing with a wide variety of projects, from single self builds to large multi-storey commercial projects.
The combined technical expertise of our building control surveyors and the LABC Warranty surveyors can help deliver quality homes.
For more information and to apply for cover please visit the LABC Warranty website.
Why Choose LABC Warranty?
- Backed by ‘A’ rated insurers
- Accepted by all leading UK lenders
- Founding member of the Consumer Code for Homebuilders
- Exclusive partners of LABC
For smaller works you may want to consider the Federation of Master Builders Insurance scheme. LABC works with FMB to help you make informed choices about choosing a quality builder.
Warranties available through FMB Insurance (FMBIS) include the Domestic & Commercial Structural Defects Insurance Policy which offers protection to homeowners in the event that their builder ceases to trade and defects arise within the works. Options include a 2, 6 or 10 year warranty.
Key features of this policy:
- available to be taken out by all builders, but preferential rates and terms are given to FMB registered builders (limitations apply to non-member builder)
- offers protection against defects due to faulty workmanship or materials
- offers protection against structural defects and water ingress
- free dispute resolution service
- protection offered even where the builder has gone out of business
- the policy belongs to the property rather than the homeowner so is fully transferable to future owners
- underwritten by an A+ rated insurer, operating a centralised claims fund, meaning greater protection for the homeowner.
Further information can be found on The Federation on Master Builders website.