Parking tickets and enforcement
If your vehicle is not parked legally, you could get a parking ticket, otherwise known as a penalty charge notice (PCN) or your vehicle may be towed away.
It’s quick and easy to pay online.
By phone: Please call parking services on 020 7371 5678.
We have a 24-hour, automated credit/debit card payment service. Help with card payments is available between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday and 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday (except for bank holidays).
By post: Please send your cheque or postal order, made payable to ‘LBHF’, to LBHF Parking Services, PO Box 4666, Worthing BN11 9FY.
Write your PCN number and vehicle registration number on the back of your cheque or postal order. If you still have the penalty envelope, you can use it to send us the payment.
In person: You can also pay in person at the Pay and Park office
Less serious contraventions
The full charge is £80.
The discounted charge is £40, which applies if we receive payment within 14 days of the date of issue of the fine.
More serious contraventions
The full charge is £130.
The discounted charge is £65, which applies if we receive payment within 14 days of the date of issue of the fine.
See More about charges below.
Challenge a penalty charge notice
If you have received a penalty ticket and feel it was wrongly issued, you have the right to challenge it.
Parking fines issued in London reflect the seriousness of the contravention.
There are higher penalties for those who commit a serious parking, bus lane or moving traffic contravention, compared to drivers who may have made a genuine mistake or broken the rules in a way that has less serious implications for other road users.
More serious contravention examples
£130 (£65 if paid within 14 days from the date of issue)
- parking in a suspended parking bay or a disabled bay without a Blue Badge
- stopping on a pedestrian crossing area marked with white zig-zag markings, or on a school keep clear marking
- parking or loading/unloading where these activities are prohibited (i.e. on yellow lines with loading restrictions)
- any moving traffic contravention, for example driving or parking in a bus lane, stopping in box junctions, driving the wrong way in a one-way street, ignoring a banned turn or directional traffic sign
- parking without displaying a valid permit or pay and display ticket in a shared permit/pay and display bay.
Less serious contravention examples
£80 (£40 if paid within 14 days from the date of issue)
- parking after the expiry of a pay and display ticket
- parking for longer than the maximum permitted time in a parking bay
- parking without clearly displaying a pay and display ticket in a pay and display car park
- not parking correctly within the bay markings.
Other London-wide charges
- the cost to release your car from the car pound is £200 (in addition to the penalty charge)
- the cost of storage of your vehicle in the car pound is £40 per day (or part day)
- the cost of disposing of your vehicle is £70.
Lost your penalty charge notice?
If you have lost your PCN please contact parking services and provide your vehicle registration number. We will be able to locate your PCN number.