Help with your rent or mortgage

Council tenants

We can provide advice, support and guidance if you’re having difficulty in paying the rent.

This may include setting up a payment plan, or supporting you to claim benefits such as Universal Credit or Employment Support Allowance.

Please contact the rental income team on 020 8753 6032 or email

Our phone line is open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Private renters

If you are struggling to pay your rent you can apply for Universal Credit.

If you are already receiving Universal Credit or housing benefit you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment.

If you are a private tenant or landlord struggling to maintain their tenancy due to affordability issues or lapses in rent payments resulting in arrears, please contact the tenancy sustainment officer at H&F Link on 020 8753 1587 or send an email for the attention of Shelly Musa, to

Temporary accommodation tenants

Tenants who are living in council temporary accommodation but are struggling to pay rent, amenity charges or utility bills, please contact Rajdeep Sidhu at H&F Link on 020 8753 1587 or send an email for the attention of Rajdeep Sidhu to


If you’re a homeowner, please call your mortgage provider to explain your change in financial circumstances. You may be able to pause mortgage payments for up to three months.

Help with mortgage arrears - MoneySavingExpert

Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI): Eligibility - GOV.UK

Disabled Facilities Grants

These mandatory grants are available to residents who need to make changes to their accommodation to enable them to continue to live independently.

The grants up to a maximum of £30,000 (subject to a means test) are available to owner-occupiers and tenants for adaptations and or facilities. 

FInd out more on our private housing grants page.

Translate this website