Our school meals service
A healthy diet is important. Our school lunch service provides nutritious and affordable meals. A few of the benefits include:
- meals follow national nutritional standards
- varied and interesting menus
- special dietary requirements catered for
- freshly cooked wholesome food
- vegetarian option
We provide healthy balanced meals because they:
- improve young people’s concentration and performance in school
- promote health, growth and development
- increase resistance to illness
- introduce good habits for later life
- are freshly prepared food
Our fully trained staff source all food from quality suppliers and prepare it on the day of serving in hygienic surroundings.
View your school's menu, visit Autographfood and search for your school's menu.
Value for money
Our meals offer excellent value for money. We follow the government’s primary nutritional guidelines.
When planning menus and recipes, we use a range of foods to encourage healthy eating:
- fibre and starchy foods like bread, pasta, rice and cereals
- fruit and vegetables, providing vitamins, minerals and fibre
- protein through fish, meat, beans and pulses
- calcium for bone development in milk and dairy products
- semi-skimmed milk to reduce saturated fats.
Getting the balance right
The best model for learning about healthy eating is The Eatwell plate model. It makes healthy eating easier to understand by showing the types and proportions of foods which make up nutritious and well balanced diet. Using this as a guide can help children learn that to meet our nutritional needs we need to select a variety of foods from all of the five food groups.
Breakfast Clubs run in a number of schools, mostly with the help of sponsorship from local organisations, such as Chelsea Football Club.
The National School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme provides a free piece of fruit or vegetable to every four to six-year-old in our primary schools.
Free school meals
These are available for pupils whose parents/carers receive certain benefits. If you think your child may be eligible for free school meals please see our student benefits and grants page.
For further information about school meals please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about free school meals contact email@example.com