Student benefits and grants
A government agency, Student Finance England, now deals with applications and queries about student loans or student grants for tuition fees and living costs, extra help, student loan repayments.
All enquiries should be made directly to Student Finance England, by calling 0845 3005 090 or visiting the Student Finance England website.
A healthy diet is important, so our school lunch service provides nutritious and affordable meals. A few of the benefits:
- meals follow national nutritional standards
- varied and interesting menus
- special dietary requirements catered for
- freshly cooked wholesome food
- vegetarian option
Our school meals are excellent value for money - a two course meal, including a choice of bread and salad, costs only £1.80 for primary school pupils.
Free school meals and school clothing grants
Free school meals are available for pupils whose parents/carers receive certain benefits. Complete the form linked below and return it to us at the address on the form. More information about our school meals
Clothing allowances are available to help parents (who live within Hammersmith & Fulham) buy school uniforms for their children.
The clothing allowance is paid to children aged 4 to 7 before 1 September of the current year and is worth £31. The allowance rises to £79 for children aged 11 and 14 before 1 September.
Your children qualify for clothing grants to buy school uniforms if:
- you receive income support or
- you receive income based job seekers allowance or
- you receive income related employment and support allowance or
- you receive guaranteed pension credit or
- you are supported under the national asylum seekers support system (NASS) or
- you are receiving child tax credit, but not working tax credit and have an annual taxable income of less than £16,190
- you are receiving Universal Credit
Travel to school
Your child may be eligible for free school travel, up to and including year 11, where it is not possible for the journey from home to school to be completed by bus only, either because the journey would take too long or because it would involve more than two changes of bus.
To qualify for the payment of fares to school:
- You must live in Hammersmith & Fulham.
- Pupils must attend their nearest available school.
- If you didn't apply to the nearest school of the desired type, or a place was offered but you didn't accept it, we won't accept your travel application. If you are not successful in obtaining a place at the nearest school of your preferred type, you must supply evidence of this.
- The nearest available school must be more than two miles from the parental home for pupils under eight years old and three miles for pupils aged over eight.
- A bus journey would take more than 45 minutes for a primary school pupil or 75 minutes for a secondary school pupil, in accordance with the shortest time stated by TfL.
- The pupil has a statement of special education needs.
- Exceptional circumstances such as a medical need. We need independent evidence of this.
Sixth formers and college students should apply directly to their sixth form or college for travel via the 16-19 bursary. Further information is available on GOV.UK
Or call the school admissions team on 020 7745 6434