Advice for businesses during the Coronovirus pandemic. Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19). Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely.
We aim to ensure that all food and drink sold by the borough’s 2,000 food businesses is produced, stored, distributed and handled without risk to the health and safety of consumers.
We offer a variety of services and advice relating to food safety. This includes information about registering a food business, regulations, training opportunities and other guidance.
- Registering your food businesses
- EU Transition (Brexit) and your food business
- Food export health certificates and importing food
- Food safety inspections
- Food hygiene rating scheme
- Food hygiene advice for new food businesses
- Food safety and public health
- Food safety complaints
- Food poisoning
- Food allergy awareness
- Labelling (food standards) - information about the quality, composition, labelling, presentation and advertising of food
- Labelling changes for food that is ‘prepacked for direct sale’ from October 2021 (Natasha’s Law)
- Safety guidance for event organisers and traders.
A reminder to all food businesses to focus on food safety standards. The food safety team is here to support businesses improve standards and keep consumers safe.
- Food Standards Agency
- Public Health England
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Trade waste - your legal duty
Important information on how to deal with your trade waste.
Training opportunities for businesses
Help your business or organisation stay on the right side of the law - find out about public health training courses.
General data protection regulations
For information on general data protection regulations and how we manage your data please see Food and Safety Team privacy notice.
Hammersmith & Fulham Council
The Environment Department
Food and Safety Team
Hammersmith Town Hall
020 8753 1081