Advice for businesses during the Coronovirus pandemic.
Tables and Chairs. If you are operating a takeaway service you must not provide tables and/or chairs for customers to sit on, this includes areas adjacent to your premises. This is the current position (17th June 2020), this may change in the future, please keep an eye on government updates.
Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19). Guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic, including risk assessment
The Food Standards Agency has produced the following guidance to help businesses with Covid-19 restrictions:
- Reopening and adapting your food business during COVID-19
- Reopening checklist for food businesses during COVID-19
- Food safety for food delivery: hygiene and allergy advice for takeaways and food delivery businesses
- Food safety for community cooking and food banks: Hygiene and allergy advice for individuals and groups preparing meals to share in their community
- Bulk freezing of ambient and chilled foods
- Social distancing poster for retailers (pdf) This can be displayed at the entrance to your premises. If you would like hard copy please contact us.
- Checklist for small retailers (word) This checklist will help you to put in place safe systems in your shop and to check they are working effectively
- Guidance for food businesses on coronavirus (COVID-19) gov.uk
The Chartered Institute have produced a guide for food takeaways and deliveries.
We aim to ensure that all food and drink sold by the borough’s 2,000 food businesses is produced, stored, distributed and handled without risk to the health and safety of consumers.
We offer a variety of services and advice relating to food safety. This includes information about registering a food business, regulations, training opportunities and other guidance.
- Registering your food businesses
- Brexit and food businesses
- Food export health certificates and importing food
- Food safety inspections
- Food hygiene rating scheme
- Food safety and public health
- Food safety complaints
- Food poisoning
- Food allergy awareness
- Labelling (food standards) - information about the quality, composition, labelling, presentation and advertising of food.
- Food Standards Agency
- Public Health England
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Trade waste - your legal duty
Important information on how to deal with your trade waste.
Training opportunities for businesses
Help your business or organisation stay on the right side of the law - find out about public health training courses.
General data protection regulations
For information on general data protection regulations and how we manage your data please see Food and Safety Team privacy notice.
Hammersmith & Fulham Council
The Environment Department
Food and Safety Team
Hammersmith Town Hall
020 8753 1081