Sports activities and development
Pitch bookings and information
H&F Youth Summer Programme registration
Registration is now open for the H&F Youth Summer Programme, please click on the links below to register:
- Register for free weekly athletics summer camps
Free weekly athletics summer camps at Linford Christie every week, Monday to Thursday from 26 July to 19 August, 11am to 3pm. This programme is for children and young people aged 11 to 18 (or up to 25 for those with additional needs).
- Register for free arts and crafts and conversation sessions
Free weekly arts and crafts combined with conversations about healthy eating workshops at Ravenscourt Park glasshouses every Monday afternoon from 26 July to 16 August, 1pm to 4pm. These workshops are for children and young people aged aged 7 to 12, please book in advance as there are limited spaces available.
- Register for free football sessions
Free football sessions from 26 July to 2 September.
- Register for free swim & gym sessions
Free weekly swimming and gym exercise sessions at Fulham Pools every week from Monday to Thursday, 8am to 12 noon, from 26 July to 19 August. These sessions are for children and young people aged 15 to 18 (or up to 25 for those with additional needs).
A little and often - adult (50+) summer activities programme
A wide variety of sport, physical, social and cultural activities are available this summer in venues and parks across the borough.
All activities are FREE to attend and are delivered by qualified instructors and cultural specialists, no pre-booking is required.
Local opportunities to be more active
- Get Going - free and low cost sport and physical activity across the borough
- Inclusive and disabled specific sports activities - opportunities with local organisations
- Agewell – a range of physical activities for people aged over 50 years
- Walkwell – social walking groups for health improvement in H&F, and maps to download
- Tennis courses - learn to play for adults and children
- The London Youth Games - an Olympic style event for young people across London
- Women Only Activity - women only sessions and times at Phoenix Leisure Centre
- Let Me Play - Summer activity programme
- Walking football sessions - weekly walking football sessions for participants over 50
The sports development team
We help clubs, communities and organisations to develop sports and physical activities in the borough. Our aim is to help people attend fun and fulfilling activities.
Currently we are focusing on:
- supporting activity deliverers to improve what they offer
- improving communication about sports opportunities
- increasing activities for people who do little or no physical activity
- helping people to develop as sports coaches and activity leaders
- obtaining more resources with the community to initiate new activity projects
Current sports development opportunities and initiatives
- Community Sports Awards - local event to celebrate local athletes, coaches, volunteers and clubs.
- Mini Marathon - opportunity for young people to be selected to run at the London Marathon event.
- Sports grants, award schemes and funding - GLL Sport Foundation support, Linford Christie Young Athlete Grant
- Sports club development - a guide for people setting up or running a sports club.
- Let Me Play - Hammersmith & Fulham Let Me Play summer activity programme includes creative arts, performing arts and sports and all sessions differ in length to suit everyone. There are opportunities such as gym sessions, battle of the bands, swimming with inflatables and kayaking on the River Thames, basketball camps, musical theatre workshops and a make-up masterclass. All camps are funded by the council and are free to attend for 11-19 year olds of all abilities.
Read the OK Sun Safety Guidelines and ensure everyone can enjoy sports and physical activity safely in the sun.
Community Sport and Physical Activity Strategy
The council has a new Community Sport and Physical Activity strategy for 2017-2021. This web page holds information on the associated strategies and insight information which helped to create the document, as well as upcoming actions and plans to address the key themes.