Sports activities and development
Find your nearest sports activities using London's best sport and activity finder, Get Active London.Search for activities across the capital by sport, club name, postcode. Sign up to 'My Active London' for email alerts about sports in your area.
Pitch bookings and information
Local opportunities to be more active include:
- Get Going - free and low cost sport and physical activity across the borough
- Inclusive and disabled specific sports activities - opportunities with local organisations
- Agewell – a range of physical activities for people aged over 50 years
- Walkwell – social walking groups for health improvement in H&F, and maps to download
- Tennis courses - learn to play for adults and children
- The London Youth Games - an Olympic style event for young people across London
- Women Only Activity - women only sessions and times at Phoenix Leisure Centre
- Let Me Play - Summer activity programme
The sports development team
We help clubs, communities and organisations to develop sports and physical activities in the borough. Our aim is to help people attend fun and fulfilling activities.
Currently we are focusing on:
- supporting activity deliverers to improve what they offer
- improving communication about sports opportunities
- increasing activities for people who do little or no physical activity
- helping people to develop as sports coaches and activity leaders
- obtaining more resources with the community to initiate new activity projects
Current sports development opportunities and initiatives
- Sportivate - Olympic legacy funding for young people.
- Community Sports Awards - local event to celebrate local athletes, coaches, volunteers and clubs.
- Mini Marathon - opportunity for young people to be selected to run at the London Marathon event.
- Sports grants, award schemes and funding - GLL Sport Foundation support, Linford Christie Young Athlete Grant
- Sports club development - a guide for people setting up or running a sports club.
- Let Me Play - Hammersmith & Fulham Let Me Play summer activity programme includes creative arts, performing arts and sports and all sessions differ in length to suit everyone. There are opportunities such as gym sessions, battle of the bands, swimming with inflatables and kayaking on the River Thames, basketball camps, musical theatre workshops and a make-up masterclass. All camps are funded by the council and are free to attend for 11-19 year olds of all abilities.
Read the OK Sun Safety Guidelines and ensure everyone can enjoy sports and physical activity safely in the sun.
Community Sport and Physical Activity Strategy
The council has a new Community Sport and Physical Activity strategy for 2017-2021. This web page holds information on the associated strategies and insight information which helped to create the document, as well as upcoming actions and plans to address the key themes.