The Agewell project is open to anyone over 50.
You can sign up for membership at the Macbeth Centre and access all courses in the Agewell programme.
If you're under 50 and suffering from a chronic complaint that may be improved by physical activity you may be able to access the Agewell classes.
There are a number of courses that are pay-as-you-go (at Charing Cross Sports Club) and not subject to the termly fees but there is a £5 one-off registration fee per term and then £2.50 each time you attend.
Here are a few examples of the classes offered:
- Deep water aquacise (Charing Cross Sports Club)
- Awareness through movement
- Badminton (Charing Cross Sports Club)
- Balance, strength and stability
- Barre fitness workout
- Be good to your back
- Exercise for the prevention of osteoporosis (rehabilitation courses)
- Breathe better (rehabilitation courses)
- Cardiac Rehab Phase IV (rehabilitation courses)
- Short tennis (Charing Cross Sports Club)
- Exercise after stroke (rehabilitation courses)
- General / senior circuit training
- Gentle keep fit / falls prevention
- Nia Vibe dance workout
- Pilates – various levels and venues
- Singing (agewell choir)
- Dance with me – Ceili
- Tai Chi Lam style – various levels
- Qi Gong
- Watercolour painting (Vanston Community centre)
- Yoga – various levels and venues
- Zumba gold
For further information on Agewell please contact Angelo Cappetta at email@example.com
Visiting green areas across London and the home counties
- Monday walk - Beginners (flat terrain and slower pace)
- Wednesday walk - Advanced (undulating terrain, crossing of styles, fast pace)
- Friday walk - Intermediate (a mix of walks, harder than beginner walks)
Each term will offer 10 weeks of walking - 7 trips using a minibus travelling out of London (additional £5 per trip per person), and 3 walks accessed by public transport. Registration fees are £28 for borough and £35 for out of borough residents (out of borough residents register a day after enrolment starts).
For questions and further information about Country rambles please write to Samy.Balal@lbhf.gov.uk
Enrolment and fees
For a small termly fee you can have unlimited access to the majority of the Agewell classes.
Borough residents: £40 per course, per term
Out-of-borough users: £50 per course, per term
Concessions: £20 per course, per term
You can also visit the Macbeth Centre and speak to a member of staff for further advice. The address is Macbeth Street, W6 9JJ.