The Agewell project is open to anyone over 50. You can sign up for membership at the Macbeth Centre and access all courses in the Agewell programme.
If you are under 50 and suffering from a chronic complaint that may be improved by physical activity you may be able to access the Agewell classes.
There are a number of courses that are pay-as-you-go and, as such, are not subject to the termly fees.
For further information please call the Agewell officer, Christine Blake, on 07956 832 984 or call 0845 839 7912.
Here are a few examples of the classes offered:
- awareness through movement
- balance, strength and stability
- big up your bones
- breathe better
- exercise after stroke
- general/monitored/senior circuit training
- gentle keep fit/falls prevention
- gentle exercise
- iPads for beginners/improvers
- pilates – various levels
- sequence dancing/line dancing
- Tai Chi Lam style – various levels
- watercolour painting
- yoga – various levels
- Zumba gold/Zumba pop
Country ramble - visiting green areas across London and the home counties
- Monday walk - Beginners (flat terrain and slower pace)
- Wednesday walk - Advanced (undulating terrain, crossing of styles, fast pace)
- Friday walk - Intermediate (a mix of walks, harder than beginner walks)
Each term will offer 10 weeks of walking - 7 trips using a minibus travelling out of London (additional £3.50 per trip per person), and 3 walks accessed by public transport.
Call Debbie Peters-Mill on 07949 244 253 for questions and further information (out of borough residents register a day after enrolment starts).
Enrolment and fees
For a small termly fee you can have unlimited access to the majority of the Agewell classes. We will be enrolling for the Autumn term on Tuesday 14 July, 9.30am to 2.00pm at Macbeth Centre.
Borough residents: £35 per course, per term.
Out-of-borough users: £45 per course, per term.
Concessions: £15 per course, per term.
Please note some classes are pay as you go. There may be small additional charges where classes are held in venues other than education department sites.
For enrolment please call:
0208 753 3600
For further information on Agewell please contact Christine Blake:
0845 839 7912
07956 832 984