Adopted - Affordable Workspace and Railway Arches Supplementary Planning Documents
On 5 October the council adopted two supplementary planning documents (SPDs). The new Affordable Workspace SPD and the Railway Arches SPD supplement the borough's Local Plan policies.
Local Plan adoption
The Local Plan was adopted on 28 February 2018 and has replaced the Core Strategy 2011 and Development Management Local Plan 2013 documents as the basis for planning decisions and future development in the borough.
- Local Plan (pdf) (adopted February 2018)
- Adoption Statement (pdf)
- Policies Map (pdf 13MB) - the borough's conservation area boundaries have changed since the Policies Map was published. The most up-to-date maps of current conservation area boundaries can be found on the conservation area pages.
- Interactive Policies Map (external link)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (pdf) (Adoption Statement supplement)
- Inspector's Report (pdf) (December 2017)
- Planning Guidance Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) (pdf) (adopted February 2018)
- Revocation Statement – Supplementary Planning Documents (pdf)
Local Plan examination
The examination of the Hammersmith and Fulham Local Plan took place between 28 February 2017 and 19 December 2017.
Please see the Local Plan examination web page for more information.
Local Plan submission documents
On 28 February 2017, the council submitted the Proposed Submission Local Plan and supporting documents to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government for independent examination. The following documents have been submitted to the Secretary of State along with further evidence below:
- KD1. Proposed Submission Local Plan (pdf 3.1MB)
- KD2. Proposals Map Changes Document (pdf 6.3MB)
- KD3. Representations (pdf 4MB)
- KD4. Schedule of Minor and Technical Changes (pdf 695KB)
- KD5. Local Plan Reg 22(1)(c) statement (pdf 1.6MB)
- KD6. Duty to Co-operate Statement (pdf 240KB)
- KD7. Sustainability Appraisal non technical summary (pdf 209KB)
- KD8. Sustainability Appraisal full report (pdf 2.9MB)
- KD9. Sustainability Scoping report (pdf 5.7MB)
- KD10. Equality Impact Assessment (pdf 753KB)
- KD11. Statement of Community Involvement in Planning (pdf 623KB)
- KD12. Local Development Scheme (pdf 360KB)
- KD13. Draft Local Plan (Reg 18) Sustainability Appraisal (pdf 1.7MB)
- SD9. Soundness Self Assessment (pdf 619KB)
- SD10. Legal Compliance Checklist (pdf 384KB)
Local Plan evidence documents
Proposed Submission Local Plan Consultation (Regulation 19) – September 2016
Consultation on the Proposed Submission Local Plan ran for a six week period from 16 September to 28 October 2016. The Local Plan sets out the vision, objectives and detailed spatial strategy for future development in Hammersmith and Fulham for the next 15-20 years along with specific development management policies. This was the second formal public consultation stage in the production of the Local Plan (Regulation 19).
Proposed Submission Local Plan documents:
- Proposed Submission Local Plan (pdf 3MB)
- Sustainability Appraisal - Main Report 2016 (pdf 2.9MB) and Non-Technical Summary (pdf 208KB)
- Proposals Map Changes (pdf 6.2MB)
- Equality Impact Assessment (pdf 752KB)
- Public Notice (pdf 133KB)
- Consultation statement (pdf 1.4MB)
Draft Local Plan Consultation (Regulation 18) – January 2015
In January 2015 we consulted on a draft Local Plan which outlines our vision and preferred options for development in the borough for the next 20 years. This consultation was the first formal public participation stage in the production of the Local Plan (Regulation 18). Public consultation on this draft Local Plan ran for six weeks from 9 January until 20 February 2015.
Draft Local Plan documents:
- Draft Local Plan (pdf 3.8MB)
- Environmental Report (Sustainability Appraisal) Jan 2015 (pdf 1.7MB)
- Proposals Map Changes (pdf 2MB)
Previous consultation July 2013
In this first stage of consultation for the Local Plan review from July to September 2013, we welcomed comments on the way forward for the Park Royal/Old Oak area and on the other topics identified in ‘Issues and options for review’.
Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report January 2014
The local plan will be accompanied by a Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Report. As part of the SA process we consulted for five weeks in 2014 on the scope and level of the environmental information to be included in the Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report Jan 2014 (pdf 5.2MB). Comments received on this scoping report were as follows: