Contact us about council tax
Manage your council tax via My Account. It’s easy.
Log in to My Account
Create an account
Once you set up a My Account and add your council tax and benefits account to it you can:
- view and amend your council tax account details
- check the outstanding balance/instalments
- set up a direct debit
- change your bank details for an existing direct debit
- apply for sole occupier discount
- use the move in /out option
- manage your housing benefit or council tax support account
- advise us of other changes, for example a student leaving a course
- tell us if you think your bill is wrong
- apply for a disabled reduction
- request a council tax refund
If you would like to report a death (as long as it was registered less than 28 days ago) please use this link.
Report a death
- email about council tax - firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person by booking an appointment, we operate an appointments only system
Book an appointment online
- our address is h&f Direct Centre 1st floor Town Hall Extension, King Street, London, W6 9JU – we are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- call 020 8753 6681 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (Our busiest times are all day Monday and between 12noon and 2pm on other weekdays)
- or call 0208 753 6681 any other time to access our telephone self-service system.
If you set up an account using the My Account links above you can do lots of the things you may be wanting to contact us about.