Get Going: A little activity goes a long way
You can be active for little or no cost – and two 10-minute sessions a day can make a great difference to your health.
Get Going brings together a range of local free and low cost physical activities which help prevent illness and promote fun, see our onging opportunities below.
For more FREE and low cost ideas about how to get active see:
Activity for the older adult
Agewell the adult learning service for older adults has a broad programme of physical activities - yoga, walking and much more.
Family and children sports activities
H&F Council in partnership with the London Sports Trust will run a range of sports activities for parents and children to enjoy together - call 020 8735 1589.
FREE Beginners 'pop-up' tennis activity funded by the Queens Club Foundation - venue detail and times below.
- Bayonne estate games court - Tuesdays, 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Fulham Court estate games court - Thursdays, 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Clem Attlee estate games court - Thursdays, 5pm to 6pm
- Townmead estate games court - Tuesdays, 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Phoenix School, White City - Saturdays, 10am to 12 noon
- Fulham Boy's School, West Kensington - Wednesdays, 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- Masbro Community Centre - Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 7.30pm
Fulham Reach Blades Kayak Club, Distillery Wharf W6 9GD - Tuesday and Thursday, 2pm to 4pm (Young people 10 to 18 years) call Sam Dale from the London Sports Trust 020 8735 1589.
Family paddleboarding, Brentford Lock or Paddington Basin - Four sessions a week through the holiday (children 6 to 18 years) call Phil from Active360 on 020 7386 0145.
Gentle exercise & women only - beginners level
In partnership with the White City Enterprise, 0-10 Community run weekly gentle exercise sessions for people that need a supported return to being active.
- Gentle exercises (including chair based) - Thursday, 11am to 12 noon, at White City community centre, India Way W12 7QT
- Women only fitness - Saturday, 11am to 12 noon, at White City community centre, India Way W12 7QT
For more information contact Angela by phone on 020 8735 1589 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Free activities with 'Our Parks'
Come and try free and low cost activities in your local area. ‘Our Parks’ are running sessions across London, find your most local session and get active:
- Boot Camp & Yoga - Brook Green, 9am and 10am each Saturday
- Back to Exercise - Ravenscourt Park, 10am each Monday
- Yoga at South Park - 7am each Tuesday
- Yoga at Tudor Rose Community Centre - 10am each Saturday
Please register online before attending using the Our Parks website.
Join Good Gym to start running in a fun and friendly group, and then help people and projects in Hammersmith and Fulham - hanging curtains, clearing gardens, visiting people who can't get out of their home...
There are two free weekly 5k runs (or walks) to join in Hammersmith & Fulham:
To get in touch with us about upcoming Get Going news, please email email@example.com