Our Big H&F Christmas Day Lunch is back for older residents who’ll otherwise be celebrating alone on 25 December. And we need your help to make it happen.
Working with H&F Giving, our Christmas Day celebration is for residents aged 60 and up, or who are vulnerable, and includes a gift bag and transport to and from the event.
We can’t do it alone. We need your generous support to raise £40,000 to make this festive H&F tradition possible.
Cllr Ben Coleman, Deputy Leader of Hammersmith & Fulham said:
Our Christmas lunch offers good food, company, gifts and lots of laughs to many older residents who would otherwise be spending 25 December on their own.
“Please consider making a donation big or small to ensure a great day for all our guests.
“And if you or a neighbour or relative would like to come, just let us know.”
The Christmas Day celebration will be taking place at the Novotel London West Hotel in Hammersmith.
How to join us as our guest
We have now closed our Christmas Lunch applications. If you have not received a confirmation yet you should receive these in the post this week, alternatively please email us at Events@lbhf.gov.uk and we can give you an electronic confirmation.
For event information pleas see Big H&F Christmas Day Lunch.
How your donation will make a difference
Our Big H&F Christmas Day Lunch relies on the generosity of local people, businesses and charities.
Here’s how your donation will make a difference:
- £1,000 will pay for a table of up to 10 older people living alone to enjoy lunch together, including pick up and drop off before and after the celebration.
- £70 will pay for one resident’s full Christmas package, including lunch and a gift back to take home.
- £60 will pay for transport to and from the Novotel Hotel on Christmas Day
- £30 will pay for one resident’s two course Christmas dinner.
- £10 could add some sweetness to the day by covering an after-dinner mince pie, festive biscuits or hot drink.
If you received a Winter Fuel Payment and do not need the extra support, why not donate part of it so that a neighbour or friend can enjoy Christmas with us.
To find out about corporate sponsorships, or to donate items such as gift bags, food, treats, vouchers and more through your company, email Louise Wilson, Executive Director at H&F Giving, at email@example.com.