Membership and joining
Joining instructions whilst our libraries are closed due to the Covid19 pandemic
New customers only
- Complete the online joining form linked below.
- E-mail your temporary number along with a copy of your ID and recent proof of address to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are under the age of 18 and do not have any proof of address this can be in the name of your parent/guardian
- Your account will be created, and your library card number will be e-mailed to you. Your physical library card will be posted to your home address.
- Customers who already hold an account with us should not join again.
- If you cannot remember your password/PIN, but know your library card number, then you can request to reset this online (You must have a valid e-mail address on your account for this option to work) You will then be sent an e-mail to reset your password/PIN. This option is available once you click on the Log In or My Account options at the top of the library catalogue page.
- Alternatively, please e-mail us at email@example.com stating your library card number (if known), name, address and a brief description of the issue you are having.
- If you have moved, please state the address on your record and provide a recent copy of your proof of new address.
It’s easy, simply go to the library joining form linked below and fill in your name and address. You will become a temporary member – please go in to a library branch with two items of identification, at least one of which must show your current address, to become a full member and borrow items.
Join at a library
You can complete the application form available at your local library.
You must show us two items of identification, at least one of which must show your current address.
Forms of identification
We accept bankers’ card, credit card, passport, birth certificate, bus pass, driving licence, council tax bill, or a recent gas, electricity or phone bill.
Your library card
Your library card will be issued immediately and can be used straight away.
All cards have a two-year expiry date. If your card expires please contact your local library. We will then check that all your details are still correct and extend your membership for another two years.
Please remember to bring your card with you when you visit the library. All our libraries are self service. Your library card is needed every time you visit the library and want to access our services. Customers should use our self service kiosks to borrow, renew or return items and pay library fees and charges.
You can use your card in all Hammersmith & Fulham libraries.
Borrowing and other charges
Please see borrowing and other charges for information about our charges.