Find out what's happening in your library
Our libraries are open again but services are limited. Find out more about the changes to our library services.
- Summer reading challenge
Love reading and looking for something fun to do this Summer? Why not be part of our Silly Squad and challenge yourself by reading 6 books between now and 20 September.
- Free online creative writing workshops with author Joy RhoadesOur libraries are pleased to welcome back writer Joy Rhoades for a series of free online creative writing workshops.
Writer and podcaster Joy runs creative writing workshops for London libraries. The workshops are designed to jumpstart the creative process and get attendees writing regularly. London-based but Australian-born, Joy is the author of two novels. The latest, The Burnt Country, was published in August by Penguin Australia. Joy’s first novel, The Woolgrower’s Companion, was a bestselling debut in Australia and shortlisted for the UK’s 2018 McKitterick Prize and the 2018 HWA Debut Crown. Joy is a graduate of the creative writing master’s program at the New School University. Her creative writing podcast START WRITE is available on SoundCloud and Spotify.
All workshops take place on Tuesdays from 6pm to 8pm
- 8 Sep - Point of view and Voice: good use in creative writing
- 29 Sep - Setting the scene: How to write great setting
- 13 Oct - How to make your dialogue sing
- 10 Nov - Crowd-plot a novel
- 24 Nov - The First Five Pages of your novel: how to hook a reader
Please contact email@example.com to register
- Online groups
Under 5’s and book groups are available on our Facebook page.
In addition to the scheduled activities there are book reviews, quotes, poems and quiz’s.
- Tuesday 2pm
- Thursday 2pm
- Saturday 2pm
Under 5s :
- Tuesday 10:30 (Live)
- Thursday 10:30
- Monday 6pm
- Wednesday 6pm
- Friday 6pm