Computers in libraries
All our libraries offer computers for you to use.
Booking a computer
- computers may be booked up to one week in advance by visiting the library or by phone.
- if you have booked a computer please turn up on time. If you're late you may only be able to use the computer for a reduced period or you may lose your booking altogether.
- if a computer has not been booked in advance it will be made available on a first come, first served basis.
What you can do
- access the Internet and use the selected Microsoft Office and other applications provided.
- email using webmail facilities such as Hotmail, Googlemail and Yahoo mail. (Staff may be available to assist in setting up webmail accounts).
- use your own USB memory stick in the computer.
- download to your own USB memory stick but you should be aware that internet pages are subject to copyright law.
- scan documents and pictures to your USB memory stick using our scanners in the libraries.
What you cannot do
- view illegal or offensive materials – if you do this a member of staff will ask you to stop.
- download and save any information to the hard drive – please use a portable storage device such as a USB stick.
Avonmore Library has a bank of computers available offering 1hour free access to residents of LBHF. There is also free WIFI - to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about free 1-to-1 computer skills support.
Any transaction conducted over the internet is at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for such transactions.
We reserve the right to restrict access to users.