Your involvement in shaping our housing services is vital. We value your experience and feedback and want to hear your voice. There are many ways that you can get involved and we encourage all residents to engage with us.
Our web pages show you how you can bring your knowledge and expertise to work with us to help deliver better services for everyone.
The ways you can get involved where you live in are:
- either joining or forming a tenants and residents association (TRA)
- becoming a block or street champion if you live in a small block that is not part of an estate or a street property
- taking part in an estate inspection.
We work in partnership with resident representatives at three forums:
- housing representatives’ forum – the central group for engagement, bringing together TRA and sheltered housing representatives, block champions and service improvement group chairs
- sheltered housing forum – working with us to represent the 21 schemes in the borough
- leasehold forum – discussing service charges and building management.
We also work with the following resident-led service improvement groups:
- disabled residents’ housing strategy group
- fire, building safety and repairs working group
- housing and estates working group
- investment group.
Code of conduct
All of our resident-led groups and forums work to a code of conduct to help make sure being a part of our meetings and activities is a great experience and that everyone understands acceptable standards of behaviour.
Resident involvement and engagement strategy 2024-27
We are currently working with residents to look at all the opportunities we offer to get involved and to develop a resident involvement and engagement strategy 2024-27.
To find out more about the aims and objectives in our most recent strategy for involvement, please read our resident involvement strategy 2019-22 (pdf 326KB) and resident involvement strategy action plan (pdf 263KB) documents.
Support and advice
Find out how we can help give you the skills and tools to get fully involved by reading our getting support to get involved page.
Have your say
Visit the Your Say section of our Get Involved hub to take part in current consultations and read reports from previous consultations.
News and updates
Visit the News section of our Get Involved hub to read the latest news and find out more about other things going on in your area.
Make a bid
Find out how to submit a neighbourhood improvement project or a place environmental rejuvenation programme bid on our get involved and make a bid page.
Housing policy bank
View the main housing policies on our housing policy bank page to understand how officers make decisions and undertake their roles.
Contact the resident involvement team on 020 8753 6652 or email GetInvolved@lbhf.gov.uk