Welfare benefits advice for council tenants
We are not currently running any face to face advice sessions at the moment due to the coronavirus. Council tenants can contact us using the form below or by phone or email to request a telephone appointment.
What are welfare benefits?
Welfare benefits is a system of financial support, primarily administered by the Department for Work & Pensions. In order to access this support, claimants must meet a set of qualifying criteria. There are currently more than 30 different types of benefits and grants.
Welfare benefits rental income team
- Sonia Meikle - welfare benefits manager
- Uyi Abosede, Teniola Abe, Kasia Marszalec - welfare benefits officers
- Funmi Oyewole - housing benefit assessor
- Evelyn Alcock - court officer
What we do
The welfare benefits rental income team provides advice to council tenants and members of their households. We help with identifying and applying for benefits and grants to maximise income and personal budgeting support to reduce debt as an early intervention to prevent homelessness through:
- initial contact/benefit check
- assistance with applying for benefits and grants
- reconsideration and appeal representation
- debt and money advice – budget planning
- training and presentations
- signposting to other services and support
How do I claim benefits?
In order to make a claim for benefits, you will need to complete an application. This can be done over the phone, online or by completing a paper form.
All applications will require some proof of identity and other evidence such as bank statements and payslips. Some benefits also require that you undergo a health assessment.
You can use the free Entitledto benefits calculator to find out how much you might get.
Further information and factsheets
Contact the welfare benefits team
Council tenants can call our advice line for help and advice on 020 8753 5566. Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form below. Or you can ask your rental income support officer to book an appointment for you.
We are not currently running any face to face advice sessions at the moment due to the coronavirus.
The team delivers benefit support from H&F area offices:
- White City Office, New Zealand Way, White City Estate W12 7DE
- Fulham Office, North End Road, Fulham, W12 7DE
- Earl Court Office, 1 Mund Street, W14 1LY
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.