What is Solar Together?
Solar Together is an initiative that brings together households and local government to get high quality solar panels at a highly competitive price.
The scheme is open Hammersmith & Fulham residents who own their own home (or have permission from the freeholder or landlord to install solar panels).
Supporting our residents to generate their own renewable energy is part of the steps we’re taking as a council to address the climate and ecological emergency.
You can register your interest for Solar Together in Hammersmith & Fulham from 15 February 2021. Please see below for more details.
What are the benefits?
Lower prices: Solar Together is a group-buying scheme, which means you can access solar panels and battery storage at a highly competitive price.
Cut carbon emissions: Solar panels will generate your own renewable energy, avoiding fossil fuels and cutting carbon emissions.
Trusted suppliers: All Solar Together suppliers have been approved as independent experts to ensure you receive a quality installation with extended guarantees.
Lower bills: By generating your own green electricity you will have lower energy bills from year one.
How does it work?
- Registration: You register your interest in the scheme for free and without obligation at Solar Together Hammersmith & Fulham. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: On 23 March an auction will be held where pre-vetted installers submit their lowest prices. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Personalised offer: From 12 April, you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof.
- You decide: It is up to you whether to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 24 May to decide and will be invited to visit a local information session.
- Installation: If you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. All installations will be completed by the end of October 2021.
Find out more
To find out more, visit the Solar Together Hammersmith & Fulham page, where you can also register your interest in the scheme.
Find out what else we’re doing to tackle the climate and ecological emergency in Hammersmith & Fulham.