Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and many others.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Find out how to manage cookies on these browsers
You can find more information about cookies and control cookies at AboutCookies.org.
The cookies we use
The Google Analytics cookies we use are:
- _utm.gif - expires when you close the browser
- _utma - randomly generated number, expires after 2 years
- _utmb - randomly generated number, expires after 1 day
- _utmc - randomly generated number, expires when you close your browser
- _utmt - randomly generated number, expires when you close your browser
- _utmz - collects information on how the site was reached (direct or via a link, organic search or paid search), expires after 6 months
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect statistics in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to an individual.
To stop being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics opt-out.
The cookies we use are:
- ASPSESSIONIDAQRBDSBA - expires at end of session
- LBHFAddressCookie - this cookies last 365 days
- LBHFPostcodeCookie - this cookies last 365 days
When you navigate to the site, the server establishes a unique session for you that lasts for the duration of your visit. For each session, ASP.NET maintains session state information where applications can store user specific information. The cookie itself contains no personal information.
The LBHF address and postcode cookies are used with the 'Where's my nearest' search tool to give you information relating to services local to the address or postcode you entered.
Social networking sites
We use videos from YouTube and feeds from other websites such as Twitter. These websites place cookies on your device when watching or viewing these pages.
Complaints, compliments and freedom of information requests
- AWSALBCORS: persistent, expires after 1 week
- CookiesSupported: session cookie, deleted when you close the browser
- JSESSIONID: session cookie, deleted when you close the browser
- _osm_totp_token: persistent, expires after 1 minute
Our email newsletters use Open Tracking to help us collect user data that helps us measure the success of the newsletter. If you have signed up for and received our email news updates you will have been subject to Open Tracking.
Through Open Tracking we can track which emails were opened, the device they were opened on, the email client and the browser – all through the use of a single invisible 1 pixel x 1 pixel image that gets downloaded from a server when the email is opened.
The new Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulations advise that you must be given a choice as to whether you agree to accept this tracking cookie or not.