Manage your council tax in My Account
Problems linking council tax accounts
We are aware that some people have registered in the new My Account successfully but are then unable to link their council tax account. If you are having problems linking your council tax to your My Account please contact My Account support.
Our new My Account is live
We’ve moved to a new system to improve the way it works and bring more services online.
You'll need to register in the new My Account
We can’t migrate your account details into the new system so your old My Account log in details won't work in the new system. You'll need to register for a new account and re-link the services you have linked in the current My Account. We are sorry about this and realise it's inconvenient but we are here to support you through this process.
For help with registering see How to register
Find out more about the changes to your H&F My Account
Once you set up a My Account and add your council tax and benefits account to it you can:
- view and amend details of your council tax account
- check the outstanding balance/instalments
- set up a direct debit
- change your bank details for an existing direct debit
- apply for sole occupier discount
- use the move in/out option
- manage your housing benefit or council tax support account
Other things you may need to contact us about
- student discount
- tell us if you think your bill is wrong
- apply for a disabled reduction
- request a council tax refund
- report a death (as long as it was registered less than 28 days ago)