A who's who guide to our SEND teams

The range of people who support families with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) locally, the services they offer and how to get in touch with them.

Disabled children's social workers

Who we support

We support children and young people up to 18 years old who have complex needs.

This includes supporting children who are looked after and children with complex health issues receiving continuing healthcare funding.

What we do


  • complete statutory child-in-need assessments to identify the child and family’s needs and the outcomes they want to achieve
  • complete support safeguarding investigations for children with disabilities where required
  • complete with families a care plan that specifies which services and support best meet the child’s identified needs
  • manage the disability register
  • work closely with others, including short breaks providers, schools, colleges, health and other professionals to ensure the best outcomes for children
  • undertake reviews of needs and packages of support as required
  • request agreement from funding panel for packages of complete support

Contact us

Call us on 0845 313 3935 to make a new request for support.

Translate this website