The High Street Recovery Fund
The new High Street Recovery Fund is offering grants of up to £10,000 to help our local economy bounce back stronger than ever.
The pandemic has brought drastic changes to our lives so we want to give our town centres and high streets a boost as we continue to make H&F a great place to live, work and socialise.
What are we looking for?
Imaginative project initiatives that encourage businesses to work closer together to support our shopping areas and attract residents to their local high streets to support the local economy.
Successful proposals will need to show how their ideas will deliver direct benefits to businesses on their high street.
How much is offered?
The High Street Recovery Fund will help invest a total of £100,000 into H&F’s high streets and town centres.
We will be offering grants of up to £10,000 for each project.
Who can apply?
All constituted organisations that have terms of reference and an associated bank account, including:
- Business-led groups
- Community groups
- Voluntary organisations
- A collaborative group of the above
If you are not yet constituted, but would like support with becoming constituted, please let us know.
- What kind of projects will be considered
We are looking for creative and inspirational ideas that meet the above broad objectives. Projects can be stand alone or a package of initiatives. In most cases, the project proposer will be key to delivering the initiative, but we are keen to receive proposals for projects that show collaborative working with other businesses, initiatives and local groups as well. Projects could include but are certainly not exclusive to:
- events to encourage people back to high streets, such as collaborative marketing events focusing on a specific business sectors or cultural and community events e.g. a spring fair
- projects which enhance a sense of place and connection within the high street - such as signage and branding.
- addressing issues such as empty shops, litter or anti-social behaviour
- addressing crime and safety, making an area feel safer where people will want to spend time and relax
- environmental initiatives that businesses can engage with to improve their high streets
- lighting or floral displays or new street furniture such as bike racks to encourage customers and residents to your high street
How to apply
At this stage we want to hear your ideas through our short proposal form.
Deadline for applications
Proposals must be submitted by 6pm 30 December 2021.
We aim to confirm selected proposals by January 2022 and delivery of the proposals must be in progress before 11 March 2022 for us to secure this funding opportunity from the government.
Make a proposal
Successful applicants will be expected to enter into a formal grant agreement with the council and submit the appropriate paperwork to account for project spend.
Need more help to apply?
We are happy to receive proposals in the early stages of development and offer further advice. If your proposal is short-listed, we will work with you to complete the proposal in more detail and determine the best way to manage the funds. We will also work with you to decide how best to promote your proposal and what it achieves.
Please email us at email@example.com putting ‘High Streets Recovery Fund’ in the subject line of the email.
Need help with your business?
Alternatively, if you are a businesses looking for support or help the H&F Business Desk is your first port of call. From here we can direct you to many free as well as paid-for services available within the council or from external partners.