A Fulham fitness centre has fully re-opened to residents following a council-funded makeover.
Hammersmith & Fulham Council recently invested in improvements at its leisure centres across the borough - with the Lillie Road Fitness Centre recently fully reopening following the major upgrade.
Fitness fanatics and those just wanting to keep active can all benefit from brand new gym equipment, a new group cycle studio, refurbished changing rooms and a new user-friendly self-entry system.
“It’s great to see these fantastic improvements which along with our new Pay and Play membership mean anyone in the borough has access to living a more active life,” said Cllr Wesley Harcourt, H&F Cabinet Member for Environment.
“With these improvements we’re building on the hard work we’re already doing to ensure the health and well-being of our residents and to tackle the rising obesity epidemic.”
Investing in your health and wellbeing
The refurbishment comes following H&F Council’s renewal of its agreement in summer 2019 with the charitable social enterprise GLL to run the borough’s three centres:
- Hammersmith Fitness and Squash Centre
- Lillie Road Fitness Centre
- Phoenix Fitness Centre and Janet Adegoke Swimming Pool.
It also follows the launch of a new residents’ ‘Pay and Play’ membership card which offers free annual membership to use any of the three centres.
Pay and Play membership
The new membership means everyone now has the chance to live a more active lifestyle and enjoy the perks of the newly-overhauled fitness centres.
The benefits of the Hammersmith & Fulham Residents’ Pay and Play Card include:
- up to 50 per cent discount off activity prices
- FREE swimming for children aged under eight at specified times
- young people aged eight to 15 years old swim for £1 ONLY at specified times
- access to a wide range of activities
- access to courses and other member only activities and facilities
- easy online booking and payment
- up to 14 days advance online booking and seven days advance telephone booking.
For more information on eligibility and to join, register on the Better sign-up page, or speak to staff in your local Better leisure centre.
Want to read more news stories like this? Subscribe to our weekly e-news bulletin.