There are lots of advantages to real nappies, including:
- they save you money – until your child is potty trained you could buy a whopping 5,000 disposable nappies. Using real nappies can save you around £500 for your first child and £700 for any more children
- they're easy to use – modern cloth nappies are all in one, pre-shaped and fasten with Velcro or poppers. Solid waste is caught in a liner and flushes down the toilet. Real nappies are easy to wash and dry quickly
- they're better for baby - there are chemicals and bleach paper in disposable nappies. Using real nappies means your baby has soft, breathable fabrics next to their skin
- they're better for the environment – your baby will need 4,000-6,000 changes from birth to potty. That's about a tonne of household waste, which is sent for incineration. Valuable resources are used to make nappies. It takes 4.5 trees to make the pulp used in the nappies for each child.
Claim your £45 real nappy voucher
If you are pregnant or have a baby and live in H&F, you are entitled to a free real nappy voucher worth £45. This can be used to purchase any real nappies and related accessories from the Washable Nappy Company.
The best way to claim a voucher is to come to one of our Nappy Natter events (please see details below), as we will have nappies to take away there. All you need to do is bring proof of your:
- birth or pregnancy.
If you can’t make a Nappy Natter event, you can claim a £45 voucher by emailing a scanned in copies of the documents given above to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll send you a voucher code to use when you place an order on-line with the Washable Nappy Company. Your nappies will be posted to you free of charge. Visit the Washable Nappy Company website to view the range of Real Nappies available.
Book a place at a Nappy Natter
Coming to a Nappy Natter event before your baby arrives is a great idea. To book a place, email email@example.com or call or 020 8753 1100.
The Nappy Natter events gives all the information you need to get started including which nappies to buy, how to use real nappies and washing and drying tips. There is also a real nappy demonstration and the opportunity to buy real nappies.
- Thursday 12 July, from 10am to 11.30am at Matthews Community Hall, 14 Margravine Road, London W6 8HJ