Recycling at home
If you live in a house or a small block of flats you can recycle using our Smart Sacks service. If you live in a large block of flats with shared rubbish bins you will probably have a Smart Bank.
Please put your recycling out before 6am on your collection day – or after 9pm on the evening before.
Your bin collection day does not change on or after a bank holiday weekend. Collection days do change at Christmas and New Year.
Smart Sacks are single-use bags used to collect recycling.
Recycling for estates, flats and mansion blocks
If you live on an estate or in a large block of flats you will have a reusable bag to store your recycling and various ways to get it collected depending on where you live.
What you can recycle
Food waste - find out about the new food waste service
Most people recycle because it's good for the environment, reduces waste and helps keep your council tax bills down. Are you doing your bit?
Please put the following items in your smart clear sacks or in the smart banks:
- clean and empty mixed glass (take metal lids off and put them loose in your recycling)
- clean and dry unshredded paper, card and cardboard
- clean and empty plastic bottles (please squash and keep plastic lids on)
- clean and empty plastic pots, tubs and trays
- clean and empty cartons (please squash and keep plastic lids on)
- clean and empty Tetra Paks (please squash and keep plastic lids on)
- clean and empty tins and cans.
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
020 8753 1100