Making a planning application
Online planning applications
Local validation checklists for different applications
Each planning application requires a set of supporting documents. These are set at national and local level, and vary for each application.
Planning application type:
Financial viability declaration form (PDF) to be included with a financial viability report
Your application will not be valid until you send us all the required documents. Once we receive a valid application, we’ll consider it.
You might want to use an architect to draw up plans for your proposal. We are not able to recommend an architect but you can find one on the architects' register.
Most common reasons for invalid applications
1) No Ordnance Survey map (OS Map)
2) Incorrect or no fee
3) Failure to send an appropriate flood risk assessment
4) Failure to send an appropriate design and access statement
5) Failure to send a construction methods statement for basement and/or light well excavation
Please make sure all drawings sent with your application contain a metric scale bar.
The fee we charge to assess a planning application is set by the government and depends on the scale and nature of the proposed development.
How to pay for your fees
- Through the Planning Portal by credit or debit card
- Through our secure online payments system by credit or debit card
- Over the phone by debit or credit card. Call 020 8753 1081 and we’ll take your payment. When making payment please give the reference number (if you have one) or the address of the property
Community infrastructure levy
To find out if your development would be liable for CIL, and what you will need to do, visit our CIL webpage.
Section 106 agreement
These agreements are normally to offset the impact of large-scale developments, and help ensure there are enough services and infrastructure, such as highways, recreational facilities, education, health and affordable housing to support new large scale developments. For more information visit: Section 106.
Planning performance agreements (PPA)
This is our new project management tool to help you with more complex applications. Visit our planning performance agreements web page for more information.
What happens after a planning decision is made?
Making a planning application by post
Application forms are available to download on the planning portal.