Parking services privacy notice
Purpose for processing your information
The provision of administrative and statutory services including:
- the administration and enforcement of parking regulations and restrictions
- the processing and issuing of parking permits
- the administration of paid for parking bay suspensions
- the administration and facilitation of paid for parking
- the determination of parking and other environmental and transport policies
- the management of parking places to deliver the priorities
- the detection and prevention of crime
We collect the following personal information:
- Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM)
- personal name and addresses
- business name and addresses
- telephone numbers
- email addresses
- payment information
- any other relevant information provided in conjunction with issuing, processing or appealing a Penalty Charge Notice (such as location data/co-ordinates a PCN was issued), paying for parking, or suspending parking.
Your information may be used or shared by H&F for the following purposes:
H&F will use all information held by us for the purposes of law enforcement, regulation and licensing, criminal prosecutions and court proceedings.
Prevention and detection of fraud
H&F may share and compare your information with other council services and other organisations to make sure the information is accurate, to protect public funds, recover debt and/or prevent or detect fraud. These other organisations include government departments, other local authorities and private sector organisations such as banks or organisations that lend money.
Staff and data processors
The information you give H&F will be used by our staff and third parties who provide council services on our behalf for the processing and issuing of parking permits and for the administration of the parking permit service.
Developing and testing business applications
H&F may use the information you give us to maintain and improve the services which we deliver, this includes developing and upgrading the systems which we use to process your information.
Corporate business intelligence
H&F may share the information you give us with other council services for research and analysis purposes, to help us design and improve the services we provide and to identify and contact residents who may benefit from them Phone numbers and email addresses When contacting us we will ask you for a contact mobile phone number and email address. We may use these details to contact you by text, email and phone. We will only contact you about matters relating to parking services.
Our processing will always have a demonstrable lawful basis. Where practicable and reasonable we will always seek to inform you of any significant proposed changes to how we process or intend to process your personal data, in order to ensure full transparency over how we handle your information.
How we collect your information
- We collect information in several ways, for example, by letter, email, face-to-face, telephone, online forms, calculated from imagery (such as number plate recognition from imagery, extraction of data from scanned documents), automatically through cameras etc.
- We also collect information as provided by external bodies such as the DVLA.
- We also collect information from third parties such as hire and leasing vehicle companies and businessess.
Who the information is shared with or processed by
- BBFI Ltd (Blue badge Fraud Investigators)
- Capita Intelligent Communications (Printing Fulfilment contractors)
- Conduent Parking Enforcement Solutions Ltd (Parking Services (Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) and Permit System providers)
- DVLA (Drivers & Vehicle Licensing Agency)
- Equita Limited (Enforcement Agents)
- European Parking Collection (Overseas Enforcement Agent contractor)
- London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham – (Other service areas)
- London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham – (CAFS - Corporate Anti-Fraud Service)
- London Tribunals
- Marston Holdings (Enforcement Agents)
- NFI (National Fraud Initiative) The Cabinet Office for data matching processes
- NSL Limited (On Street Parking Enforcement and Car Pound Management contractor)
- Other service areas of London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham including the Corporate Anti-Fraud Service (CAFS) – CAFS Privacy Notice
- Paragon (Scanning and Payment Processing contractor)
- Quadient (Printing Fulfilment contractors)
- RingGo (Park Now) – (Cashless Parking Solution)
- Siemens (CCTV providers)
- Traffic Enforcement Centre, Northampton County Court
- Videalert (CCTV providers)
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as is required by law and to provide you with the necessary services in line with our stated retention policy. In general information related to:
- The issuance of Penalty Charge Notices and Enforcement Notices may be kept for up to 6 years in order to pursue debt under the Traffic Management Act 2008 and related parking/moving traffic/bus lane Infringement legislation.
- Parking permit and suspensions information is held as long as is required to provide an effective service to the customer.
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
The new Data Protection Act 2018 also gives you additional rights that refer to how the council holds and uses your information.
Consequently, under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- withdraw consent and the right to object and restrict further processing of your data. However, this may affect the service delivery we provide.
- request your data be deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, provided there are no legitimate grounds for retaining it.
- request your data to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- have your data transferred or copied should you move to another authority
- not be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
Information about how to submit a Subject Access Request can be found here
Please visit our web pages for further details on how the council complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you have any concerns
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about the information held about you and how it is used, please email email@example.com or call 020 7371 5678
You have a right to complain if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information. See Complaints
If you are not satisfied with the council’s response, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can report a concern by visiting the ICO website.
Changes in your circumstances
You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your circumstances and personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information.