The Market Place public notice board
The Market Place gives you the opportunity to advertise your sale item, service or event to thousands of library customers across the borough.
The service is initially being launched at Hammersmith, Fulham and Shepherds Bush libraries - details are given below:
- Each advertisement must be approved by the manager on duty and must adhere to the council's equal opportunities policy. The library manager has the right to refuse an advertisement.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The services and sales advertised are not endorsed by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.
- A charge of £1.00 per week per card will be made. Each advertisement will be endorsed with an expiry date at the time of display. Advertisements may be displayed for extended periods but payment in full must be made in advance.
- Advertisements will be displayed in the lending library on postcards supplied by the library service.
- Items will be displayed on a first come first served basis. If the display board is full, customers will be asked to re-apply when a space appears.
- Notices should be clear and legible with contact details for the person/organisation responsible for them.
- The library service takes no responsibility for advertisements which are defaced or removed.
- Any items displayed without permission will be removed and destroyed.
Some commercial information is displayed free of charge in the library e.g. brochures from concert halls, theatres, art centres etc. The reference library at Fulham also has display agreements with third party brochure display companies - London Calling, Take One, Impact and Classical Music Information. This information enhances the service we provide and promotes activities of cultural and educational merit.
The Market Place gives an opportunity to those whose material would not otherwise be displayed e.g. flat sharing, items for sale, services provided etc.
For further information please contact your main local library.