Helping residents into jobs and employers recruit staff
The Work Zone is a dedicated service helping people to secure jobs. Based at Shepherds Bush Library at Westfield London, the Work Zone team helps jobseekers gain the right skills and qualifications needed and valued by employers, and offers jobseekers a clear advantage in their search for employment.
You can access a range of high quality, industry-specific skills development courses to improve your employment options.
The Work Zone helps you to:
- get a job, by helping to fill in application forms, write a CV and prepare for interviews
- access pre-employment training and support in order to get a job
- organise work placements and work trials
- develop retail careers and retain employment by improving your qualifications
- ease the transition into work with debt support and benefit advice
- access online support and job vacancies at www.workzoneonline.co.uk
The Work Zone also provides recruitment and training support to help employers fill vacancies and retain staff, with a range of services to save you time and money. For convenience the team can visit you in your workplace, or you can come to the Work Zone to see an advisor.
The Work Zone helps you by:
- advertising vacancies
- screening applicants to meet your needs
- providing a pool of job-ready candidates
- providing statutory and essential training courses, for example health and safety and food hygiene
- offering retail-specific training, for example effective selling and merchandising
- offering training, meeting and interview rooms and facilities
020 8753 4693