Search for a job
Support for job seekers
If you’re looking for work and live in Hammersmith & Fulham, H&f Works could help. We are dedicated to supporting all our residents to access opportunities.
What do we do?
- One-to-one advice and guidance towards finding work
- Connect residents to jobs and apprenticeships within H&F and across London
- Help you access work experience
- Interview tips and practice
- CVs and cover letters support / advice and guidance
- Support to access training and skills to prepare you for employment or change your career
- Access to specialist support if you have housing needs, health related needs or other barriers which are stopping you from gaining employment. We can refer you to our partner organisations if you need bespoke support
Who can we help?
We can help you if you are:
- A Hammersmith & Fulham resident
- Aged 16 or over
- Have the right to work in the UK
Contact H&F Works
Please use our contact form Contact H&F Works
Other organisations that can help
The National Careers Service can provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
If you have been considering a career in the built environment, Hammersmith & Fulham is working on regeneration projects across the borough and creating jobs for residents.
Work, earn, learn and progress in a career in construction management, civil engineering and construction trades. H&F, in partnership with developers and training providers, are combining accredited training with local jobs.
To explore and start a career in the built environment, you can find opportunities through an apprenticeship, accredited training combined with work experience, or higher education courses.
For support and advice in starting and applying for a career in the built environment or with a specific vacancy, contact H&F Works.
Careers advice and support for students, parents and carers and schools
H&F Works can provide information, advice and guidance to residents in secondary education, schools leavers, parents and carers and schools regarding the below pathways:
- Supported Internships
- Work experience
Please use our contact form at Contact H&F Works to discuss any of the above.
Help from GOV.UK
- Further education courses and funding - GOV.UK
- Traineeships - GOV.UK
- Find an internship - GOV.UK
- Find an apprenticeship - GOV.UK
- Work and careers: Government graduate schemes - detailed information - GOV.UK
- Let me Play (insert particular programmes)
- Spark Education
- Construction Youth Trust
We are sorry, our advice centres in Uxbridge Road and Avonmore library are only offering face-to-face appointments for clients needing debt advice. Please see www.cahf.org.uk for ways to access Citizens Advice services
Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham
Contact Citizens Advice H&F for free, confidential and impartial advice services, including debt and welfare benefits advice.
- For any new problem (except debt): 0300 330 1162 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm)
- For new enquiries about debt only 0800 808 5810 (10am to 5pm)
- For a food bank voucher please call the Help Through Hardship dedicated service on 0808 208 2138 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Help to claim Universal Credit number 0800 144 8 444 (new claims only)
- If you are already being helped with a problem and you wish to contact your advisor: 020 7386 9068 (10am to 3pm)
Visit the Citizens Advice H&F website to find out more about drop-in services at Avonmore Library and in Shepherds Bush.
Disabled access at Hammersmith & Fulham Citizens Advice
The centre has:
- street level access, with level access throughout the ground floor
- full wheelchair toilet facilities
- an induction loop at reception
St Paul’s Money Advice Centre
If you have a debt with Hammersmith & Fulham Council such as council tax arrears or housing benefit overpayments, contact:
020 8746 5265
St Paul’s Money Advice Centre
Queen Caroline Street