Tenants' and residents' associations (TRAs)
To have a feeling of pride in your local community, you need to invest in it. Having a strong and organised resident voice is very important.
Set up a new tenants' and residents' association (TRA), or join an existing TRA where you live. TRAs work hard to represent their local area and work on ways to develop their local communities.
By joining, or setting up a TRA you can:
- invite members of the senior management team to site visits and meetings
- meet with your local ward councillor
- access a variety of funding opportunities to improve your local area
- develop a stronger sense of community and get to know your neighbours better
- have access to community facilities to hold meetings and events
- attend training and mentoring events with other TRAs
- hold local events in your area.
An annual grant is available to registered TRAs to cover annual running costs and the purchase of equipment.
- Frequency of committee meetings and events is down to individual TRAs, but usually they are quarterly.
- The meetings will take place in your community.
- TRAs are made up of an elected committee member and the local community.
- Time commitments vary based on your position on the TRA and the aims and activities that the TRA is involved in
If you'd like to know more, please see our factsheet (pdf 945KB)
We also have an information pack (pdf 848KB).
The individual sections can be accessed below:
- Tenants and Residents Associations: The Basics (pdf 77KB)
- Getting Started: Establishing your TRA (pdf 122KB)
- TRA Constitution (pdf 86KB)
- TRA Committee Member: Roles and Responsibilities (pdf 74KB)
- TRA Chair - Roles and Responsibilities (pdf 90KB)
- TRA Treasurer - Roles and Responsibilities (pdf 94KB)
- TRA Secretary - Roles and Responsibilities (pdf 96KB)
- TRA Registration and Funding (pdf 88KB)
- Training and Support (pdf 76KB)
- Managing a Hall or Room (pdf 118KB)
- Appendices List (pdf 71KB)
Please see our map of TRAs (pdf 746KB) to find out if there is a TRA in your area.
TRAs we are working with
Please see our useful documents section to help you run your TRA effectively.
Registering your TRA?
Please see the following useful documents:
- TRA registration and grant payment policy (docx)
- TRA registration form (docx)
- Model constitution (docx)
- New vendor form (docx)
Resident Involvement Team
020 8753 6652