This is a group of residents who work in partnership with the resident involvement team to assess and evaluate resident-led bids for improvements and allocate funding to projects.
The aims of the investment group are to:
- review and agree funding applications for improvements outside the scope of the responsive repairs process or planned maintenance schemes
- consider funding applications against an agreed set of criteria
- provide accountability, transparency and value for money in terms of reviewing and agreeing funding application
- ensure that funding is awarded where it is most needed
- undertake site visits to check on the quality and sustainability of projects.
- 6 meetings a year, usually held at 3 Shortlands in Hammersmith.
- You will be asked to become a member of the group and make a commitment of at least 12 months.
- You need to be able to spare at least 3 hours, 6 times per year.
If you'd like to know more, please see our investment group factsheet (pdf 970KB).
Latest news and updates
The place environmental rejuvenation programme provides funding to tenants and residents associations, recognised community groups and other recognised groups or clubs in H&F to transform public spaces on council owned housing estates so they are greener, safer and benefit the local community.
For more information on this, please visit our get involved and make a bid web page.
The next annual round of funding opens on 10 March 2020. If you have ideas for green projects in your area, please let us know using the contact details at the bottom of the page. All applications need to be received by 5pm on Friday 24 April 2020.
Behind the scenes: The investment group
Read how the investment group has helped us allocate funding to projects.
The Investment Group is really important because it is about residents prioritising and agreeing by consensus on how funding is spent on their neighbourhoods. It is also about residents suggesting and agreeing what areas funding is spent on to improve different areas of their communities.
I am currently the Chair of the Investment Group and have been involved in helping to allocate community funding for over five years. The Investment Group was set up in June 2015 and brought together Neighbourhood Improvement Fund and Housing Improvement Projects. It is fantastic that residents are working together with officers from the housing team to deliver positive benefits to council housing communities.
I originally got involved because I wanted to make sure that council housing residents were fully benefitting from the funding opportunities that are available to them. In the future, I would really like to see the Investment Group working on the sustainability of the projects that they agree, as well as to work with officers from the housing team to look at new external funding opportunities.
By Kim Shearer, chair of the investment group
Interested in joining us?
Resident Involvement Team:
020 8753 6652