We will take a stand against hate crime in Hammersmith & Fulham
By making this pledge, I promise to:
– Do my best to combat prejudice and stop those who would hurt anyone because of hate or prejudice.
– Try to be aware of my own prejudices and try to understand people I see as different.
– Speak out against all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
– Support victims of hate.
– Think of ways that I and my community can promote respect for all people.
I believe one person can make a difference and everyone has a part to play in creating a community that is NO PLACE FOR HATE.”
In Hammersmith & Fulham we identify that all agencies – statutory, voluntary, public, and the private sector – have a part to play in combating hate crime. By making this pledge, we promise to work in partnership to ensure Hammersmith & Fulham is NO PLACE FOR HATE.”
- By making this pledge as an organisation we promise to:
- Send details to relevant Hammersmith & Fulham community safety officers (020 8753 4756) if we have any concerns about the subjects/speakers and their history in terms of hate speech.
- Ensure any bookings/events found to breach the hate crime campaign will be cancelled.
- Evaluate our response for the needs of service users and employees who may have experienced hate crime.
- Train our staff on hate crime subjects and how to respond to victims and witnesses who report incidents.
- Share evidence with Hammersmith & Fulham community safety unit on the amount of hate crime incidents that come to our attention.
- Present materials in our public reception areas condemning all forms of hate.
- Provide information for victims and witnesses of hate crime to enable them to access support.
- Identify a lead hate crime champion in our agencies who will maintain up to date information on hate crime topics and service changes in the borough.
- Be involved in activities that promote Hammermsith & Fulham Council’s hate crime campaign (voluntary).
- Ensure that our policy and procedures effectively consider hate crime or incidents that may occur in the workplace either between employees, or against staff members or the public.