Hate crime pledge
We will take a stand against hate crime in Hammersmith & Fulham
By making this pledge, I promise to:
– Do my best to combat prejudice and stop those who would hurt anyone because of hate or prejudice.
– Try to be aware of my own prejudices and try to understand people I see as different.
– Speak out against all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
– Support victims of hate.
– Think of ways that I and my community can promote respect for all people.
I believe one person can make a difference and everyone has a part to play in creating a community that is NO PLACE FOR HATE.”
In Hammersmith & Fulham we identify that all agencies – statutory, voluntary, public, and the private sector – have a part to play in combating hate crime. By making this pledge, we promise to work in partnership to ensure Hammersmith & Fulham is NO PLACE FOR HATE.”
- By making this pledge as an organisation we promise to:
- Send details to relevant Hammersmith & Fulham community safety officers (020 8753 4756) if we have any concerns about the subjects/speakers and their history in terms of hate speech.
- Ensure any bookings/events found to breach the hate crime campaign will be cancelled.
- Evaluate our response for the needs of service users and employees who may have experienced hate crime.
- Train our staff on hate crime subjects and how to respond to victims and witnesses who report incidents.
- Share evidence with Hammersmith & Fulham community safety unit on the amount of hate crime incidents that come to our attention.
- Present materials in our public reception areas condemning all forms of hate.
- Provide information for victims and witnesses of hate crime to enable them to access support.
- Identify a lead hate crime champion in our agencies who will maintain up to date information on hate crime topics and service changes in the borough.
- Be involved in activities that promote Hammermsith & Fulham Council’s hate crime campaign (voluntary).
- Ensure that our policy and procedures effectively consider hate crime or incidents that may occur in the workplace either between employees, or against staff members or the public.
Join the 360 supporters who have made the pledge so far
All fields marked with * must be completed.