Electoral services recruitment
A General Election will be taking place on Thursday 12 December 2019.
At this election, we will need hundreds of people to help us with a variety of jobs.
We are always looking for local residents and council staff who can demonstrate:
- good communication skills
- an ability to relate to people
- an awareness of, and sensitivity to, cultural diversity
- an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- a professional and politically neutral manner.
If you'd like to be considered for work in the elections team, fill in the online application form.
Please read our General Election 2019 staff information pack before applying.
For more information about working at this election, email the Electoral Services recruitment team.
If you have already been appointed to work in a polling station, please read the Electoral Commission's handbook for polling station staff (pdf 636KB).