If it has not been possible to offer your child a place at your preferred school, you have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel. A step-by-step guide is provided below to assist you in the appeals process.
Download an admissions appeal form (PDF), complete it and return it to the admissions authority for the school. For academy, free or church school, the admissions authority is the school. For community schools, the local authority is the admissions authority. Please contact the admissions team in the frst instance for advice. You may need to complete a separate appeal form for some schools.
If you would like independent advice regarding appeals or any other education matter, visit the Child Law Advice Service website or call their advice line on 0300 330 5485.
Appeals timetable for 2019 entry
The below timetable may not apply to all schools in Hammersmith & Fulham or other council areas. It is important that you check with the individual school you want to appeal for to check their timetable.
Primary reception appeals
- National offer day - 16 April 2019.
- Appeal forms for community primary schools dispatched from 21 May 2019.
- Appeals to be lodged for community schools by 18 June 2019.
- Appeal hearings scheduled throughout July 2019.
Secondary transfer 2019
- National offer day - 1 March 2019.
- Appeals to be lodged by 13 May 2019.
- Appeal hearings scheduled throughout June 2019.
For further information please call us on 020 8753 1085 or email@example.com.