H&F Youth Achievement Awards 2021
This year's winners were...
See Young stars of H&F awarded for their leadership at gala evening to find out who were this year's winners.
We will update this page with news of next year's event soon.
Celebrating the achievements and talents of the youth in our borough
The Hammersmith & Fulham Youth Achievement Awards have been organised by our Youth Council and the Young Hammersmith & Fulham Foundation, with the support of local businesses and organisations.
The awards celebrate the diversity of achievement and talent of H&F’s youth.
Nominations have now closed. The deadline for nominations was midnight on 11 April 2021.
General award criteria
The nominations can be from peers, teachers, youth or social workers and practitioners, for young people aged 11-25 who live, work or go to school in the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham and relate to achievements made within the past two years.
You need to give clear reasons why you are nominating and include examples of their achievements. You don’t need to write lots but make it stand out – this is the only information the scoring panel see to make their judgement on.
- Young person who has made a significant contribution to others – eg young carers, to their family, to their school, or to a local organisation.
- Young leader – a young role model who has motivated and inspired others.
- Achievement in education – a young person who has made excellent progress or attainment in education.
- Young volunteer – a young person who has made an active and significant contribution to the community.
- Young performer of the year – a young person who has excelled in the performing arts including music and dance
- Young artist of the year – a young person who has excelled in non-performance related arts.
- Young innovator of the year – a young entrepreneurial or technological innovator.
- Overcoming adversity – a young person who has overcome and persevered through challenges.
- Green champion – a young person who has championed a positive change for the local environment.
- Young Covid-19 champion – a young person who has done something outstanding to support others during lockdown.
- Contribution to young people award – a service or youth project that has gone the extra mile or done something extraordinary to support young people.
All entries will be considered by a panel of judges.
Finalists in each category will be invited to the virtual award ceremony which will take place on Google Meet on Tuesday 4 May 2021 (invite only).
Video: H&F's Youth Council introduce the 2021 awards
H&F's Youth Council introduce the 2021 awards - video transcript