North End Road Market
Traffic-free Christmas Market – Sunday 15 December 2019
- When: Sunday 15 December, 9am-5pm
- Where: North End Road, Fulham, SW6
- Tube: Fulham Broadway, West Brompton and West Kensington
- Twitter @NorthEndRdMrkt, Instagram - northendrdmrkt and Facebook - northendrdmrkt
Everyone is invited to come and join us on Sunday 15 December for the traffic-free North End Road Christmas Market from 9am to 5pm.
Why not spend the day shopping for Christmas gifts at the traffic-free market in North End Road with more than 150 stalls including arts and crafts, clothing, fashion accessories and more.
There will also be a world of delicious street food to enjoy alongside a plethora of festive street entertainment.
It will include carol singing, live music, street theatre, Santa and his elves and lots more.
The traffic-free North End Road Christmas market is part of H&F Council’s work with residents and traders to boost the historic high street.
One day traffic restrictions on 15 December 2019
North End Road will be closed to traffic and diversions will be in place between Lillie Road and Walham Grove from 5am to 9pm.
- There will be no parking in the event area and any parked vehicles will be removed.
- Bus routes 28 and 391 will be diverted via Lillie Road and Dawes Road.
- There will be no access to North End Road from Anselm Road, Armadale Road, Epirus Road, Eustace Road, Haldane Road, Halford Road, Racton Road, Tournay Road or Sedlescombe Road.
- There will be vehicle access to all side roads for residents via Walham Grove and Shorrolds Road via Dawes Road.
- Traffic access to Walham Grove will be monitored throughout the day and there will be additional stewarding in place.
- Stewards will supervise residents’ access to and from Coomer Place via Racton Road. An emergency gate on Ongar Road will be left open to allow access to Lillie Road.
- Sunday resident parking restrictions will remain in place in the side roads but there will be no parking in North End Road and all parking bays will be suspended. Any vehicles parked in North End Road on the event day will be removed.
- Stallholders will be asked to use the Coomer Place car park.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or call 020 8753 5695.
Interested in taking a stall?
For more information, or help and advice on running a stall, call Sonia Gorniak on 020 8753 6911 or email Sonia.Gorniak@lbhf.gov.uk
Great British Market award winner
The North End Road seasonal markets won the 2019 Best Community/Parish Market accolade at the Great British Market Awards in January. The judges said:
The North End Road Seasonal Markets, Fulham, is a market with a strong emphasis on place and local people and is an exciting example of the local council working with community groups.
Year on year attendance figures have provided for sustained growth and the increase in popularity is an example to other authorities in London.”
The regular North End Road Market runs Monday to Saturday, from 8am to 6pm.
Want to get involved in improving North End Road?
North End Road Action Group (NERAG) is made up of residents, businesses, market traders, local organisations and the council with an aim of reviving North End Road as a thriving high street with the market at its core.
If you are interested in getting involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8753 5695 for more information.
How to get to the market
Tube: Nearest underground station is Fulham Broadway on the District Line.
Bus: 391 (this bus runs through the market)
Walking: From Fulham Broadway, come out of the station, turn right, keep walking straight along the road for six minutes and the market is there in front of you.
Contact the street market team:
020 8753 3916 (office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)