Restaurants, takeaways, sandwich bars and other caterers that offer healthier food options can now apply for a Healthier Catering Commitment award.
We run this scheme in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
The Healthier Catering Commitment scheme publicly recognises caterers who are committed to:
- promoting good health by providing a range of foods that meet customer demands for healthier choices
- providing a good standard of hygiene and have achieved a three or more food hygiene risk rating
- recognising that eating well is an important factor in reducing the risk of heart disease, obesity and stroke.
The aim is to take simple steps to reduce saturated fat and salt and offer healthier alternatives such as low sugar drinks or smaller portion sizes. The scheme is based on the principle that small changes can make big differences.
Who is eligible?
All types of catering establishments can apply, including sandwich bars, pubs, restaurants, business caterers, leisure centres and takeaways.
What are the benefits?
We promote the scheme to increase public awareness of the benefits. We’ll give you a certificate and a window sticker to display on your premises. Previous winners have found the award helped to:
- increase the number of customers
- increase secondary spending, as people stayed for longer
- get them free nutritional advice from a qualified nutritionist
- publicise their business as the scheme expands.
So far, we have awarded the Healthier Catering Commitment to (in alphabetical order):
- 222 Veggie Vegan, 222 North End Road, W14 9NU
- Bridge Cafe, 188 Du Cane Road London, W12 0BJ
- Café At West Six Garden Centre, 17 Ravenscourt Avenue, W6 0SL
- Cherry On Top, 623 Fulham Road, SW6 5UQ
- Chicken Corner, 4 Erconwald Street, W12 0BS
- Crispy Plus, 250 Uxbridge Road, W12 7JA
- Drink Eat, 198 King Street, W6 0RA
- Fish and Chic, 253 Wood Lane, W12 0HL
- Fish and Chips Shack, 11 Fulham Broadway, SW6 1AA
- Ho-Ja, 39 Goldhawk Road, W12 8QQ
- Love Walk Cafe, 12 Jerdan Place, SW6 1BH
- Natis Wholefoods, 2 Fulham High Street, SW6 3LQ
- Nuovi Sapori, 295 New Kings Road, SW6 4RE
- Pappa Ciccia, 105 Munster Road, SW6 5RQ
- Parsons Green Fish Bar, 34 Parsons Green Lane, SW6 4HS
- Rude Health Cafe, Kiln House, 212 New Kings Road, SW6 4NZ
- Salt & Vinegar, 219 Munster Road, SW6 6BU
- Shabab Grill House, 33 Uxbridge Road, W12 8LH
- St Elmo Fish Bar, 1 St Elmo Road, W12 9EA
- The Gentlemen Baristas, 3 Shortlands, W6 8DA
- The Hive, 670 Fulham Road, SW6 5RX
- The Sands End, 135-137 Stephendale Road, SW6 2PR
- Yamal, 5 The Boulevard, SW6 2UB
This list was updated on 17 October 2023.
Find out more about the Healthier Catering Commitment Award and how small changes can make a big difference download the H&F Healthier Catering Commitment booklet (pdf 700KB)
Food and Safety Team
Hammersmith & Fulham Council
Hammersmith Town Hall
020 8753 1081